do you find you 'like' certain members posts frequently?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: do you find you 'like' certain members posts frequently?
As for who I agree with, those that post what I am thinking...seems that Stark and I are more and more in line as time goes on. We started out pretty far apart, or so it seemed. Now it seems like things I have been biting my tongue over are mentioned by Stark. He is much bolder than I am on certain topics.

There are people here, too many to list, that I 'like' their posts. There are also many different reasons. I am not partial to the any one kind of post or poster...depends on the topic, what's said, and my current mood. I do find that from some I learn a lot. Then there is a group that I look for because they are so damn funny. There are others that I simply feel connected to on some level or another.

There are some that just touch my heart and others that hurt my heart.

Guess that's why I like it here...so much diversity.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-02-2014, 07:56 PM
(26-02-2014 06:44 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  and then there are times it seems like that a poster has read your mind, even phrase things the way you were thinking of responding, you pick up on the same nuances to a thread, etc.

At some point many of you have done just this with one post or another.

B&A you not only say things that I was thinking but you coach them in a much kinder way, especially on the support topics. You are a much nicer "me".

WillHopp's blog is uncannily similar to the things I think about, eerily similar.

After reading an evenheathen post I don't bother adding one of my own since he already said what I was thinking.

And finally Muffs says stuff that I might say if I my prefrontal cortex was damaged and I didn't filter my thoughts. Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
26-02-2014, 08:47 PM
I usually hang on what the BnW fellow says. I wish he would post more often. If he did, I'd give more likes.

I almost never think to give them. And, most of the time I read quickly on my phone and it's all I can do to get through the post, much less like it. When I'm on a PC I am inclined to do it more.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-02-2014, 08:54 PM
(26-02-2014 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 10:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I have said this before but as I like my own posts (although I can't like my own posts) , it's worth repeating...

I like when what I read makes me smile.
(I'm easily pleased).

That. And pics. I like every member pic I see here. I mean like sincerely.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-02-2014, 11:31 PM
(26-02-2014 12:46 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:25 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  *clears throat*
Dodgy

There are some exceptions to that rule. Wink

I agree. He is! ... I can't believe I missed you off my first list Ryan, I have you quoted in my signature!

Cathy, witch, msbb and Anjele too! (You're the SUPER NICE people on here) well you're nice to me, even in threads when I'm being vulgar or a dick! Smile

AND I can't believe I missed Muffs, ... I mean, I can be fairly direct sometimes but fuck me! If I burn people sometimes, Muffs is a fucking pyromaniac! Big Grin

I actually like two of the theists on here. KC is the obvious one, he wins the international good egg award 2014 but I like alphamale too! Don't get me wrong, I agree with little to nothing he says but sometimes in the flame wars I get the sense he likes poking us with sticks for fun, I dunno if I'm reading in to it but I think he's probably got a cracking sense of humour! Drinking Beverage

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
27-02-2014, 12:35 AM
(26-02-2014 06:44 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  When I read the posts, there are some members that I read what they wrote and sometimes I agree, or I understand what they are saying but it really wasn't what I was thinking….

and then there are times it seems like that a poster has read your mind, even phrase things the way you were thinking of responding, you pick up on the same nuances to a thread, etc.

do you have anyone that you find it frequently happens? I find myself always 'liking' moron dog's posts. I will read a thread, start forming a response in my head, start scrolling thru the other responses and boom! moron dog just posted what I was going to say, many times using the same phrase or relating it in the same way, over and over again. So I like the post. but now….its starting to feel creepy….I'm starting to feel stalkerish and I'm not even stalking!! Tongue

so….is there anyone that posts that "takes the words right out of your mouth" on a frequent basis?

I've never had one of those feelings. More like "I wish I was smart enough to have thought of that...".
Self pitying aside...

I don't think I have any specific users which I give disproportionately high likes. I guess I tend to like DLJ, Chas, Cjrl and Rev a bit more frequently than most, they just tend to be more informative or witty and entertaining. But that's not saying much, because I'm pretty loose with my likes.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-03-2014, 06:47 AM
I click 'like post' for a lot of reasons, and I haven't really thought much about a pattern. As far as posters who tend to say "exactly what I'm thinking", cjlr and EvolutionKills often say things pretty similarly to how I'd say it.
03-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Generally when a post lines up with my train of thought, it gets a Like as a means of conveying 'I endorse this post' without writing my own response.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2014, 07:14 AM
(03-03-2014 07:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Generally when a post lines up with my train of thought, it gets a Like as a means of conveying 'I endorse this post' without writing my own response.

I endorse this post.

Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
03-03-2014, 07:17 AM
(26-02-2014 06:44 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I find myself always 'liking' moron dog's posts.

Blush

Just found this thread today. I like what you've got to say pretty often too Smile But then, I am a bit of a like whore in that I give 'em out pretty freely. Most people on the forum get a few from me sooner or later, even twits.

Can't really say I have people for whom it happens more frequently... Basically if I read a post and like the way it's said, I 'like' it. Even if it's expressing a contrarian viewpoint, sometimes...

Shannow was getting into some cool stuff at one stage about stats of how people accumulate likes and what sort of strategies they apply to them. For me a like isn't a serious thing, but for some people giving out a like is like... a public endorsement or something, so they tend to 'like' only stuff they really really love, as opposed to me who just feels the warm fuzzy and automatically hits the button like a chimp with a keyboard... which is what I am Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post