documented out of body experience...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: documented out of body experience...?
Quote:
Quote:However different parts of the brain may be activated or de-activated in NDE, OBE & Lucid dreaming and a full exploration of the topic has to take into account the pharmacology of psychoactive drugs.
How does a spontaneous OBE differ to that of Ketamine ?
How does a NDE from LSD differ to a NDE post cardiac arrest ?
How does the loss of sense of self compare with various ethnogens/hallucinogenic drugs and meditative experiences ?
For a couple hundred bucks you can buy an EEG headband which offers self-experimenters a new tool to at least begin to answer some of those questions from a personal brainwave perspective.

A couple of bucks for a personal EEG headband Girlyman ?
You do fall short for what you ask for.
I want a personal fMRI scanner - specifically a 3T Magnetom Trio prisma MRI System with super high field tesla magnets for increased resolution.
I need minimally the strength of 80 milliTesla per meter (mT/m) combined with a 200T-per-meter-per-second (T/m/s) slew rate and up to 204 coils elements with up to 128 channels for the accuracy of my requirements and personal experiments.

..and your asking for an EEG headband.

if interested there is a 2nd hand one available to buy for only $ 919,526.94
availability: Immediate.
Refurbished !
Delivery and installation are included in the price.
12-month guarantee only: € 54.
http://www.medwow.com/used-mri/siemens/m...67613.item

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
30-08-2014, 12:43 PM
(30-08-2014 12:42 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
Quote:For a couple hundred bucks you can buy an EEG headband which offers self-experimenters a new tool to at least begin to answer some of those questions from a personal brainwave perspective.

I want a personal fMRI scanner - specifically a 3T Magnetom Trio prisma MRI System with super high field tesla magnets for increased resolution.
I need minimally the strength of 80 milliTesla per meter (mT/m) combined with a 200T-per-meter-per-second (T/m/s) slew rate and up to 204 coils elements with up to 128 channels for the accuracy of my requirements and personal experiments.

Refurbished !
Delivery and installation are included in the price.
12-month guarantee only: € 54.
http://www.medwow.com/used-mri/siemens/m...67613.item

Storage space is a little tricky.

David Hume

30-08-2014, 02:39 PM
(30-08-2014 12:42 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
Quote:For a couple hundred bucks you can buy an EEG headband which offers self-experimenters a new tool to at least begin to answer some of those questions from a personal brainwave perspective.

Why would I need that level of fidelity?

#sigh
30-08-2014, 05:23 PM
(30-08-2014 02:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:42 PM)Baruch Wrote:  A couple of bucks for a personal EEG headband Girlyman ?

Why would I need that level of fidelity?

Co's I don't go for infidelity.
That EEG rubbish doesn't go deep enough !

If I'm having a NDE according to EEG I might really be dead - it only picks up surface electrical activity.
What I need is deep brain stimulation and a safe way of doing deep brain electrical recordings - technology is just now being developed to do that.
Lots of fascinating research into deep brain ultrasound, trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS).
I tried these out to different degrees at a conference and think there is massive potential for understanding the brain, consciousness and all sorts of altered mental states & religious/spiritual experiences.
[we were limited with what we could do at the conference with TMS for safety reasons - but the person working for the company (Magstim) was happy to self experiment - basically they had insurance liabilities in case some one is on the North side of the LD50 - you always get someone wanting a Darwin award, there are risks of epilepsy & cardiac events - the brain has some important stuff inside]

David Hume

30-08-2014, 09:25 PM
(30-08-2014 05:23 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 02:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why would I need that level of fidelity?

Co's I don't go for infidelity.

If I'm having a NDE according to EEG I might really be dead - it only picks up surface electrical activity.
What I need is deep brain stimulation and a safe way of doing deep brain electrical recordings - technology is just now being developed to do that.
Lots of fascinating research into deep brain ultrasound, trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS).
I tried these out to different degrees at a conference and think there is massive potential for understanding the brain, consciousness and all sorts of altered mental states & religious/spiritual experiences.
[we were limited with what we could do at the conference with TMS for safety reasons - but the person working for the company (Magstim) was happy to self experiment - basically they had insurance liabilities in case some one is on the North side of the LD50 - you always get someone wanting a Darwin award, there are risks of epilepsy & cardiac events - the brain has some important stuff inside]

I love it when you talk dirty. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-08-2014, 01:44 AM
(30-08-2014 09:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 05:23 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Co's I don't go for infidelity.

I love it when you talk dirty. Big Grin

Those who talk dirty usually end up on the North Side of LD50.
Hi Honey, what can we do tonight that might risk a coronary or serious mental event ?

David Hume

31-08-2014, 12:48 PM
(31-08-2014 01:44 AM)Baruch Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 09:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I love it when you talk dirty. Big Grin
Hi Honey, what can we do tonight that might risk a coronary or serious mental event ?
Sex?

#sigh
31-08-2014, 02:48 PM
(31-08-2014 12:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 01:44 AM)Baruch Wrote:  Hi Honey, what can we do tonight that might risk a coronary or serious mental event ?
Sex?

LD50 sex

There is a difference.

David Hume

31-08-2014, 03:44 PM
(31-08-2014 02:48 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 12:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sex?

LD50 sex

There is a difference.

Blink ... Blink ... Huh ... Blink ... Consider ... Blink ... Hobo ... Bechased

#sigh
01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
(31-08-2014 03:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 02:48 PM)Baruch Wrote:  LD50 sex

There is a difference.

Blink ... Blink ... Huh ... Blink ... Consider ... Blink ... Hobo ... Bechased

I think your right from your emoticons.

LD100 sex is far more romantic, like Romeo & Juliet.
LD50 Sex sounds like murder - 50% chance one will die, not really "romance".

SmileHeartSmile
vs
Goodevil

David Hume