does life have meaning? does science have meaning?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: does life have meaning? does science have meaning?
Also soldiers back then were hugely into writing and reading fantastical stories. It made a huge resurgence after the war. It's believed that it was a way to safely deal with their feelings of what they dealt with in the war. I'm sure that had something to do with it as well
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 12:38 PM
(07-07-2013 12:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My grandparents loved each other deeply as well, and had seperate rooms.

Writing and languages were his first love. I wouldnt doubt that. I'm sure it had more to do that then the fact it was men in the group *women writers not being nearly as common or respected back then I'm sure*

And at the end of the day who cares if he was gay. His writing is fantastic and his moral compass in the stories are far superior to the bibles, which was my point. Smile

Most definitely, the only reason I care enough to even bother looking at his life is how great a writer he was. I have never, for instance, read a biography of Stephen King, he doesn't intrest me enough to find out about why he writes what he writes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Meaning comes from human application of a meaning, however this is not done on an individualistic level. Humans learn and get inspiration from others in their culture and the time in which they live, this helps shape ones perspective and gives the coordinates in which we use ton place value and meaning on things.

Boom
07-07-2013, 02:04 PM
(07-07-2013 01:56 PM)I and I Wrote:  Meaning comes from human application of a meaning, however this is not done on an individualistic level. Humans learn and get inspiration from others in their culture and the time in which they live, this helps shape ones perspective and gives the coordinates in which we use ton place value and meaning on things.

Boom

You haven't told us anything we don't already know.

More of a pft than a boom.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-07-2013, 06:30 PM
(07-07-2013 02:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 01:56 PM)I and I Wrote:  Meaning comes from human application of a meaning, however this is not done on an individualistic level. Humans learn and get inspiration from others in their culture and the time in which they live, this helps shape ones perspective and gives the coordinates in which we use ton place value and meaning on things.

Boom

You haven't told us anything we don't already know.

Do many of the threads on this site say things you don't already know?
07-07-2013, 07:02 PM
(07-07-2013 06:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 02:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You haven't told us anything we don't already know.

Do many of the threads on this site say things you don't already know?

Actually, there have been quite a few, that's not the point though. I responded as such because of the "boom" you added at the end, as if to suggest that we should be compelled to admit that you blew our minds with that post. You didn't.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
07-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Re: does life have meaning? does science have meaning?
Did you know vefor this thread that Tolkien hated allegory?? Hmmmm??! Tongue
07-07-2013, 08:14 PM
(07-07-2013 07:02 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 06:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  Do many of the threads on this site say things you don't already know?

Actually, there have been quite a few, that's not the point though. I responded as such because of the "boom" you added at the end, as if to suggest that we should be compelled to admit that you blew our minds with that post. You didn't.

What if the BOOM shouldn't be taken so seriously to derail a thread over it?
15-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Science can make our life easy. But our life cannot explain using science. It has a great meaning.

How do I scrap my car
15-07-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 08:01 AM by devilsadvoc8.)
Funny that I&I would call others excrement.

I would actually like to have a face to face conversation with I&I to see if the synapses aren't firing in sequence like they appear to be in his posts or whether he is just a lousy troll.