dont be a dick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2012, 04:42 PM
dont be a dick
So I just witnessed an actual secular club meeting.

I wish I could say that made me happy and left me wanting more. But it didn't.

They were rude as fuck and extremely loud. They left a huge fucking mess when they were done too. Not exactly the impression those looking to actively make a difference should want to present.

On the way out they were smirking at eachother and snickering ny way as I was obviously annoyed with them. I can assume they thought I was a Christian and they moat likely felt proud for having irritated me.

I let them know I am of their persuasion and that they are the worst kind of people. Bunch of dicks.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: dont be a dick
(11-11-2012 04:42 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So I just witnessed an actual secular club meeting.

I wish I could say that made me happy and left me wanting more. But it didn't.

They were rude as fuck and extremely loud. They left a huge fucking mess when they were done too. Not exactly the impression those looking to actively make a difference should want to present.

On the way out they were smirking at eachother and snickering ny way as I was obviously annoyed with them. I can assume they thought I was a Christian and they moat likely felt proud for having irritated me.

I let them know I am of their persuasion and that they are the worst kind of people. Bunch of dicks.
A little more context and background would be interesting.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Too bad. Not at all the kind of experience I've ever had with my local atheist group. Hang in there. Maybe the next one won't be like that.
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
What context? They were rude as fuck, swearing loudly standing Infront of the only entrance to the bathroom and not moving for people, talking about how stupid christians are. They also had a very loud shouting match about bestiality next to my kid.

It was at a coffee house, which aren't supposed to be loud rowdy places. I was waiting for my wife.

They left garbage all over the floor and tables, like I'm talking piles of garbage. The impression they left me with was of arrogant pricks.

If you are the type of person to sit there telling everyone how stupid your enemy is then it might be more effective if you conduct yourself with some measure of respect.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 9 users Like lucradis's post
11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
(11-11-2012 06:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What context? They were rude as fuck, swearing loudly standing Infront of the only entrance to the bathroom and not moving for people, talking about how stupid christians are.

"You fuckers are going to get the fuck out of my way right now or I'm gonna shit myself and make you clean it up" feels appropriate.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
(11-11-2012 09:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 06:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What context? They were rude as fuck, swearing loudly standing Infront of the only entrance to the bathroom and not moving for people, talking about how stupid christians are.

"You fuckers are going to get the fuck out of my way right now or I'm gonna shit myself and make you clean it up" feels appropriate.

Last time I was trying to get into a bathroom and nobody would get out of my way I yelled as loud as I could in my nastiest voice "Make a hole!". It got them out of my way. Or maybe it was me going through the crowd even when I had to shove.
12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Lightbulb RE: dont be a dick
Atheism says nothing about a persons basic intelligence, or morality. Just as being a non stamp collector says nothing else about a person.
12-11-2012, 01:01 AM
No shit poolboy. You missed my point.

12-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Well I haven't met that kind of crowd yet. Our small Dublin group was really cool and not rude at all. And the few Atheist Ireland meetings I attended where really nice, too. Leaving the place cleanish, not being loud and rude and in the way at all.
Of course there are always people in the crowd that you'd rather keep your distance to, but that is it.

Probably the guys that you saw were drunk or so?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
12-11-2012, 03:07 AM
(11-11-2012 06:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If you are the type of person to sit there telling everyone how stupid your enemy is then it might be more effective if you conduct yourself with some measure of respect intelligence.

Tongue