dont be a dick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2012, 06:19 AM
RE: dont be a dick
Well lucradis, what did you expect when you went to listen to some atheists. Serves you right. God damn heathens...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
12-11-2012, 07:10 AM
(11-11-2012 06:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What context? They were rude as fuck, swearing loudly standing Infront of the only entrance to the bathroom and not moving for people, talking about how stupid christians are. They also had a very loud shouting match about bestiality next to my kid.

It was at a coffee house, which aren't supposed to be loud rowdy places. I was waiting for my wife.

They left garbage all over the floor and tables, like I'm talking piles of garbage. The impression they left me with was of arrogant pricks.

If you are the type of person to sit there telling everyone how stupid your enemy is then it might be more effective if you conduct yourself with some measure of respect.
The context I was asking for was were you attending a meeting? Do you know anything about the club/group?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 07:12 AM
..... They don't sound like my type of people to be honest...

I like easy targets..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Ahh, well like I said I was just there waiting for the old ball and chain.

I only know what they were shouting at each other. Fairly new group but seems to be a collection of people that were in other groups that have since splintered.

The leader kept talking about a member that wasn't there and how he works for a newspaper and that they were going to be getting tv coverage soon. Which would tell me they weren't just a bunch of jerkoffs from the street.

He also kept saying how they were going after the local school district but he never made it clear as to why.

Personally I woukdnt bother attending a secular club unless there was an issue I was having locally. I'm all for them really but I'm far too uninterested in making new friends and being any more social than I am already.

I could never be a part of a group that had so many members who behaved like they did. Not that I think its a universal secular behavior. Almost all of my friends are atheists and they behave just fine most of the time.

I think ky offense comes more from the idea that these people are openly atheist and that means people can see them and remember them. In my town its not common to be an atheist so most people are really uninformed as to what they are and likely believe us to be animal fucking rape.mongers always on the verge of mass murder due to a lack of morals... It would be preferrable if we could all be perfect so that they remember us fondly when someone mentions how evil we are.

And yes I.am perfect.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
12-11-2012, 10:51 AM
(12-11-2012 09:33 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Ahh, well like I said I was just there waiting for the old ball and chain.

I only know what they were shouting at each other. Fairly new group but seems to be a collection of people that were in other groups that have since splintered.

The leader kept talking about a member that wasn't there and how he works for a newspaper and that they were going to be getting tv coverage soon. Which would tell me they weren't just a bunch of jerkoffs from the street.

He also kept saying how they were going after the local school district but he never made it clear as to why.

Personally I woukdnt bother attending a secular club unless there was an issue I was having locally. I'm all for them really but I'm far too uninterested in making new friends and being any more social than I am already.

I could never be a part of a group that had so many members who behaved like they did. Not that I think its a universal secular behavior. Almost all of my friends are atheists and they behave just fine most of the time.

I think ky offense comes more from the idea that these people are openly atheist and that means people can see them and remember them. In my town its not common to be an atheist so most people are really uninformed as to what they are and likely believe us to be animal fucking rape.mongers always on the verge of mass murder due to a lack of morals... It would be preferrable if we could all be perfect so that they remember us fondly when someone mentions how evil we are.

And yes I.am perfect.
Were the coffee tables turned, this would have been time for Pastor Erxomai to use the old saying, "You may be the only Bible that some people ever read." I know that idea doesn't fly for atheists, but the thought behind it is, when you're publicly known as a Christian, act more like Christ. For these guys, I think they've gone the direction of, they're the only Christopher Hitchens some people will ever see.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
(12-11-2012 10:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...
when you're publicly known as a Christian, act more like Christ...

They seem fairly christ-like to me:
Rabble-rousing
Anti-establishment
Publicity-seeking
Disturbing the peace
Upsetting the locals
Giving no thought for the morrow's image of how atheist's should behave.

Ok, maybe not exactly the last one.

12-11-2012, 04:56 PM
(11-11-2012 11:41 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 09:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "You fuckers are going to get the fuck out of my way right now or I'm gonna shit myself and make you clean it up" feels appropriate.

Last time I was trying to get into a bathroom and nobody would get out of my way I yelled as loud as I could in my nastiest voice "Make a hole!". It got them out of my way. Or maybe it was me going through the crowd even when I had to shove.

FIRE IN THE HOLE! DUCK AND COVER BITCHES! Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM
(12-11-2012 01:01 AM)lucradis Wrote:  ...You missed my point.
You had an idealistic view of atheism and you were disappointed, and now are ranting online. It's you who missed the point.
12-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Actually no I didn't. You can try again if you like but I'm gonna go ahead and assume you'll just miss the point again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
dont be a dick
(12-11-2012 06:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Actually no I didn't. You can try again if you like but I'm gonna go ahead and assume you'll just miss the point again.

Kinda disappointed you let him off without the spilling of blood. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel