earned income credit is a scam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 05:58 PM
earned income credit is a scam
I am as far left as you can get BUT I am not stupid. I have a son who was on unemployment all year long yet still got $9000. earned income credit. Now he didn't pay that much tax into the system. Yet still got a refund of that much money. I just cant see how this can be happening. He has calmed his 4 kids and wife. I still am in shock over this. I could see giving all the taxes he paid into the system back BUT not one penny more. Am I crazy or being unfair.

Oh by the way he is flat broke already. His unemployment has ran out. 2 years and he didn't even try to find a job. He is a lazy bastard. He's one of the best painters around in the auto industry. He had a major aircraft manufacture want him to work for them and he turned them down. He would have made 6 figures a year. they only take the very best from the state. I will never understand this kid.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: earned income credit is a scam
IIRC EAC was only 500 the past 2 years.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
14-05-2012, 06:25 PM
he just needs strong support, in his head, with a chair Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
14-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Well if the right or libertarians are against this. I am on their page with this. Our tax laws are stupid and unfair on both sides.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
14-05-2012, 06:28 PM
(14-05-2012 06:25 PM)nach_in Wrote:  he just needs strong support, in his head, with a chair Tongue
He has a drug problem. I have disowned him. I have tried so many times to help him and only got hurt. It has broke my heart to cut all ties to him.

14-05-2012, 06:30 PM
(14-05-2012 06:26 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Well if the right or libertarians are against this. I am on their page with this. Our tax laws are stupid and unfair on both sides.
I agree that the tax code is ridiculous. But I'm pretty sure that EAC specifically is not the whole problem. Do you have any proof of this return other than what he said? I've never heard of a 9000 dollar tax return but I'm pretty sure if it is a legit return it's not because of the earned income credit. I qualified for it in 2009 and 2010 (or 10 and 11) and I'm pretty sure it was only 500 bucks.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
14-05-2012, 06:34 PM
No I seen the check.

14-05-2012, 06:35 PM
(14-05-2012 06:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(14-05-2012 06:26 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Well if the right or libertarians are against this. I am on their page with this. Our tax laws are stupid and unfair on both sides.
I agree that the tax code is ridiculous. But I'm pretty sure that EAC specifically is not the whole problem. Do you have any proof of this return other than what he said? I've never heard of a 9000 dollar tax return but I'm pretty sure if it is a legit return it's not because of the earned income credit. I qualified for it in 2009 and 2010 (or 10 and 11) and I'm pretty sure it was only 500 bucks.
How many children do you have? He has 4 plus the 1 that died.

14-05-2012, 06:56 PM
After reading your PM I checked it out and you're right. It's quite possible.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0...13,00.html

I also just checked my tax return and discovered that I got 500 for 2 years in a row.

-Mark Twain
14-05-2012, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 11:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-05-2012 06:28 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  He has a drug problem. I have disowned him. I have tried so many times to help him and only got hurt. It has broke my heart to cut all ties to him.

That's gotta be rough on you Ohio. But I can counter with GirlyBoy who fell in love with a woman at 19 yo in some stupid online game called World of Warcraft. (And apparently I'm too fuckin' old to even have a fuckin' clue how that is even possible.) She was already 30+ twice divorced with 4 children. He conned me into buying him a round trip ticket from Maryland to Oregon to meet her. He never used the return ticket. Now he's been with her over 5 years, they've been married 2 years now, have given Manly & Girly a new granddaughter in addition to the 4 that came with her, and boy has just finished university graduating summa cum laude in Computer Science. Told him when he didn't use the return ticket that "You realize you're giving up the rest of your adolescence. You man now." I wouldn't have let them starve but I didn't have to help him because of federal and state subsidies. The Earned Income Credit means a lot to him and his. Wink

Should also mention that I also got a black sheep of my own who I might've mistakenly introduced to Nietszche and the abyss a couple years too soon. ... My bad. ... But it looks like he's learning how to swim. ... note to self: probably should've made sure he knew how to float first.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post