embedded videos problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2015, 05:31 AM
embedded videos problem
Hi guys, This is not so much an issue more of a plea for suggestions.
For reasons too complicated to go into my only access to TTA is via pay as you go mobile and my problem is that when I am browsing a thread and scrolling down through the posts im finding that all too often it can be very easy to accidentally hit on someone's embedded video and once that starts loading bang £5 or more credit gone.
I don't have a bank account because I'm shit with money which means I can't get a contract phone as they need you to pay by direct debit and regular broadband is not an option, does anyone have any nifty ideas as to how I can avoid this happening ?
I can't think of one myself and suspect that there isnt really a solution but as I frequently miss things thought I would ask anyway. Thanks A.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2015, 05:34 AM
RE: embedded videos problem
Look for a stupid browser that can't play embedded videos.
Oh, and use the mobile interface

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
04-11-2015, 06:20 AM
(04-11-2015 05:34 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Look for a stupid browser that can't play embedded videos.
I've tried different browsers and always use the mobile interface no joy Sad
04-11-2015, 08:14 AM
(04-11-2015 06:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 05:34 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Look for a stupid browser that can't play embedded videos.
I've tried different browsers and always use the mobile interface no joy Sad

Spend a lot of time in places that have free wi-fi.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Coffee shops, truck stops, hotels, pubs & taverns, most junk food chains, public library (best place) ... all places which offer free WiFi, much of which can be accessed 24 hours. Free hot spots are everywhere.

If you have a flatmate or even a close neighbor, you might be able to go in with them to pay monthly for a service provider. It will cost A LOT LESS than your phone's data bill.

Search for your local options - it's the best way to pinch those pennies. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-11-2015, 09:05 AM
(05-11-2015 08:59 AM)kim Wrote:  Coffee shops, truck stops, hotels, pubs & taverns, most junk food chains, public library (best place) ... all places which offer free WiFi, much of which can be accessed 24 hours. Free hot spots are everywhere.

If you have a flatmate or even a close neighbor, you might be able to go in with them to pay monthly for a service provider. It will cost A LOT LESS than your phone's data bill.

Search for your local options - it's the best way to pinch those pennies. Thumbsup

Thanks that's a great help I always download the podcast using library WiFi but sadly my home is so isolated the other options aren't really viable Smile
05-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Shit, where do you live?

If it's that far out in the country, you might look into a satellite dish... for what they offer, they are fairly cheap.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Oh way out in the English countryside our infrastructure is shit Laugh out load
05-11-2015, 09:22 AM
(05-11-2015 09:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Oh way out in the English countryside our infrastructure is shit Laugh out load

I didn't realise you are English. Which part?

And yeah... the infrastructure is olde worlde to say the least.

05-11-2015, 09:23 AM
Here's an idea... go to your closest university and find the computer engineering dept... a casual lab situation, perhaps. Ask if you can speak with someone to troubleshoot your "very difficult location that may need a complex yet elegant workaround" ... the hungry brains will gather to find you a great solution. They might even cone up with something legal. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post