employers shouldnt have the right to decide what is morally correct

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 05:06 AM
employers shouldnt have the right to decide what is morally correct
I know this is Huffington Post but it raises questions like what makes employers qualified to decide what is morally correct and what isn't ?

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55a7ffe6e4b04740a3df4ca1
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2015, 05:14 AM
RE: employers shouldnt have the right to decide what is morally correct
Nothing makes anyone "qualified".

That said -- if you think your employer is a moron - you're free to quit anytime.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-07-2015, 05:16 AM
(20-07-2015 05:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Nothing makes anyone "qualified".

That said -- if you think your employer is a moron - you're free to quit anytime.

I know that. But if there are laws that allow employers to fire anyone just because they don't agree with someones personal life then we no longer live in a free nation.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
20-07-2015, 05:20 AM

Not if you're in the military...
20-07-2015, 05:21 AM
(20-07-2015 05:20 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  

Not if you're in the military...

True...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-07-2015, 05:26 AM
(20-07-2015 05:16 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  

I know that. But if there are laws that allow employers to fire anyone just because they don't agree with someones personal life then we no longer live in a free nation.

Some would say that is the very definition of a free country.

Would you want to be forced to keep an employee who offends you to your core????

Regardless of what some people think --- the US Constitution does NOT guarantee you riches, medical care, a nice place to live, or a "livable wage" at your crappy job....

It's up to YOU to get those things for yourself....

(and don't assume I'm pulling down a 7 figure income..... I live on less than what the government calls "poverty level")

20-07-2015, 05:34 AM
(20-07-2015 05:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 05:16 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I know that. But if there are laws that allow employers to fire anyone just because they don't agree with someones personal life then we no longer live in a free nation.

Some would say that is the very definition of a free country.

Would you want to be forced to keep an employee who offends you to your core????

Regardless of what some people think --- the US Constitution does NOT guarantee you riches, medical care, a nice place to live, or a "livable wage" at your crappy job....

(and don't assume I'm pulling down a 7 figure income..... I live on less than what the government calls "poverty level")

No I get that. But we still can't let people discriminate against their employees just because they decide what should be morally correct for their employees. Same thing if an employer fires someone based on their religion which is illegal. It goes both ways.
20-07-2015, 05:41 AM
(20-07-2015 05:34 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 05:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Some would say that is the very definition of a free country.

No I get that. But we still can't let people discriminate against their employees just because they decide what should be morally correct for their employees. Same thing if an employer fires someone based on their religion which is illegal. It goes both ways.

If you pass a law saying an employer HAS to keep employees they don't want - you're then discriminating against the employers.

Employers are people too... You can't take away one person's rights to ensure the rights of someone else.

The ONLY fair and equal way is to allow either party - employer and employee - out of the relationship for any reason they like........

While it's not popular with the working people - it is the most fair.

20-07-2015, 05:43 AM
(20-07-2015 05:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 05:34 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  No I get that. But we still can't let people discriminate against their employees just because they decide what should be morally correct for their employees. Same thing if an employer fires someone based on their religion which is illegal. It goes both ways.

If you pass a law saying an employer HAS to keep employees they don't want - you're then discriminating against the employers.

Employers are people too... You can't take away one person's rights to ensure the rights of someone else.

The ONLY fair and equal way is to allow either party - employer and employee - out of the relationship for any reason they like........

While it's not popular with the working people - it is the most fair.

So you're saying it's OK for an employer to fire a single mom that got pregnant out of wedlock?
20-07-2015, 05:44 AM
If an employer really wants to get rid of an employee they can usually find a way to do it that won't get them into trouble.

They can cut hours till the job isn't worth it and the employee quits, they can add tasks the employee doesn't want, they can up expectations, write new rules, the list goes on and on.

What they aren't supposed to do is openly discriminate...but they can find ways to end the employee/employer relationship, usually by making the job so miserable that the employee leaves.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post