epicness????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 06:37 PM
epicness????
I was thinking about how people tend to treat their own opinions like objective truths and I came across another thing i thought would be interesting. basically it's about how we treat epicness. I think people tend to forget how epic things are and over use this statement. for example. every movie that some one really liked to the extreme was epic but one person judges running water as normal. the problem with that is the people that first got running water thought it was epic. not that I lived that long I am only 28 but from what i hear people walked to some ones eles house just to see a toilet flush.that was their big thing and no one could have told them that fire was such a big deal and so on and so on. I just imagine for an analogy. a man standing a valley marveling at the mountain but a man standing on the mountain marveling at the valley.

best way to put it: epic=everything

it just come s down to noticing why.... what do you guys think,

I finally got to my point...

1. knowing this new info what do you now think is epic that yyou never noticed before.
2. what did you already think was epic.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 06:50 PM
epicness????
Epic post!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-10-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: epicness????
thanx!!!

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
21-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I think everyone defines "epic" a little different but one thing that connects all is, that things that are epic are considered really awesome.
In my opinion the word is kinda over-used.
Like, just because I saw a good movie doesn't mean that it was epic.
Just because my coffee tasted really nice doesn't mean it's epic coffee.
It is being used instead of "good" "nice" "great" "awesome" etc. there are enough adjectives that really fit, the word "epic" is not correct most of the time.

There are some things, though, that I personally find so totally more than just awesome that I could say they are epic.
Examples:
>> Satelite pictures that are available and relatively up to date for EVERYONE with a computer. I mean just think about it, when you use streetview on google maps it is a picture made from SPACE and you can actually clearly see the frigging road markings!!! If that's not epic I don't know what is.
>> Computers are fucking EPIC!! All that happens is electrones hopping around on a motherboard and signals of "on" and "off" give you TONS of informations, clear pics on your monitor, videos, calculations, games, what an epic jump from a simple calculator to the Laptops that we have nowadays!
>> Other things that are, in my opinion, epic: lightbulbs, electricity, running water, ovens, public transportation, AIRPLANES, operating manned space stations, futurama

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
21-10-2012, 07:26 PM
I wake up and I'm still alive. Sometimes I cry because of that; happy to be alive.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post