evelution vs body inhancement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 03:14 AM
evelution vs body inhancement
I have been looking around the internet for a week and I have noticed there is a lot of guys that want female breast but this got me to thinking..... about evolution vs what we do to our bodies and I came up with an interesting question..... If enough of a group of people [say it be men} inhance their bodies in such a drastic way{say get breast or change the pigment of their skin or something.}. how long tol evolution just gives in and starts letting such a change be natural.{a.k.a men naturally having boobs at puberty.} I know it's such a weird question but it's an interesting one.. what do you guys think on this subject. thank you for your time.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 03:22 AM
RE: evelution vs body inhancement
(12-03-2014 03:14 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I have been looking around the internet for a week and I have noticed there is a lot of guys that want female breast but this got me to thinking..... about evolution vs what we do to our bodies and I came up with an interesting question..... If enough of a group of people [say it be men} inhance their bodies in such a drastic way{say get breast or change the pigment of their skin or something.}. how long tol evolution just gives in and starts letting such a change be natural.{a.k.a men naturally having boobs at puberty.} I know it's such a weird question but it's an interesting one.. what do you guys think on this subject. thank you for your time.

A physical change in the body like what you seem to be proposing (a la surgical/cosmetic) cannot be passed down to offspring, so by the way you propose, it can never happen.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-03-2014, 03:27 AM
thanks I was just curious... thank you for your time. though i'd like to ask this question now.. what would you want to change.. lol. for better or for worse.

12-03-2014, 03:38 AM
btw I was thinking more a long the lines of herbal or hormone enhancement not breast implants.... but thanks for answering.

12-03-2014, 03:40 AM
(12-03-2014 03:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 03:14 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I have been looking around the internet for a week and I have noticed there is a lot of guys that want female breast but this got me to thinking..... about evolution vs what we do to our bodies and I came up with an interesting question..... If enough of a group of people [say it be men} inhance their bodies in such a drastic way{say get breast or change the pigment of their skin or something.}. how long tol evolution just gives in and starts letting such a change be natural.{a.k.a men naturally having boobs at puberty.} I know it's such a weird question but it's an interesting one.. what do you guys think on this subject. thank you for your time.

A physical change in the body like what you seem to be proposing (a la surgical/cosmetic) cannot be passed down to offspring, so by the way you propose, it can never happen.

Good thing, too... I would hate to be inheriting broken bones, c-sections and other past surgeries of my ancestors. On the other hand, that could mean free lasic for more recent generations.
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
12-03-2014, 03:43 AM
(12-03-2014 03:38 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw I was thinking more a long the lines of herbal or hormone enhancement not breast implants.... but thanks for answering.

For the record, those sorts of treatments are under the same rule as surgical or cosmetic enhancement.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-03-2014, 03:43 AM
I wasn't meaning like surgery but more like pills to change the body lol.. but that would be weird.

12-03-2014, 03:44 AM
(12-03-2014 03:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 03:38 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw I was thinking more a long the lines of herbal or hormone enhancement not breast implants.... but thanks for answering.

For the record, those sorts of treatments are under the same rule as surgical or cosmetic enhancement.

lok thanks for answering.

12-03-2014, 12:47 PM
I'd like genetic enhancement like Randy Lewis did to sheep.
But, why have evolution or genetic enhancement? How about both?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
12-03-2014, 01:07 PM
(12-03-2014 03:43 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I wasn't meaning like surgery but more like pills to change the body lol.. but that would be weird.

Unless the pills did something to actually change the DNA, the changes still wouldn't be passed on.

Examples:

A pill that increases the female hormones in a man can cause him to grow breasts and even produce milk. However, the body won't naturally produce those hormones in greater quantities like a woman's body does. In this case, no genetic information is changed. Every man on the planet could do this and it would never result in it being passed on to his children.

A treatment that actually changed the DNA in a man to produce the female hormones in quantity could be passed down to any children he has after the treatment. Depending on how many men go through this treatment would depend on if it would ever take hold as "natural" for men to have breasts. If it were just one small subgroup of people, it would probably be bred out within a few generations. If a large portion of men went through it, it's possible to become the universal norm.

That being said, neither has anything to do with natural selection. The first does nothing to the DNA, so it can't be passed down. The second is anything but natural selection. Just as we've altered the DNA of canines, cows, plants, etc through years of selective breeding, we'd be doing the same to humans just at a faster rate.

Natural selection will only make something "normal" if it conveys some type of survival/reproductive benefit. In our evolutionary development, males were not the carrier or nurturer of our young, so them having milk producing breasts was not as important to the survival of the species as females having them.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post