evidence of evolution here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm sure it has been written and talked about endless times, but I just arrived at it. I'm a little slow that way Smile
I read about people breaking away from these religious families and see it clearly, this is evidence of evolution. It is a bit refreshing to think of it this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: evidence of evolution here
(30-11-2015 10:59 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'm sure it has been written and talked about endless times, but I just arrived at it. I'm a little slow that way Smile
I read about people breaking away from these religious families and see it clearly, this is evidence of evolution. It is a bit refreshing to think of it this way.

How is it evidence of evolution? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2015, 11:10 AM
What finally helped you realize it?
30-11-2015, 11:14 AM
(30-11-2015 11:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 10:59 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'm sure it has been written and talked about endless times, but I just arrived at it. I'm a little slow that way Smile

How is it evidence of evolution? Consider
people are becoming more intelligent and using logic instead of some fairy tales in a book?
30-11-2015, 11:15 AM
(30-11-2015 11:14 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 11:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  How is it evidence of evolution? Consider
people are becoming more intelligent and using logic instead of some fairy tales in a book?

Sketchy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2015, 11:17 AM
(30-11-2015 11:10 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  What finally helped you realize it?
Reading posts about people who are in all sorts of turmoil and describing everybody in their family as totally religious. What made them different, and could a small piece of it be genetic? I know most of it can be attributed to things they encountered in childhood, but what if they were wired differently too?
30-11-2015, 11:27 AM

You've personally evolved with respect to your views on reality. But this is using evolution in a very loose sense to only mean "change over time" and not using the term as it would be defined in the theory of evolution.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-11-2015, 11:55 AM
That's probably more wishful thinking than actual "evolution". Wink

The thing is, evolution can't actually be observed while it's happening. There isn't what can be called a specific outcome or result... there's no "goal".

Encouraging thought, though. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Really? I thought that antibiotic resistant bacteria are evolving rather quickly.
30-11-2015, 01:07 PM
(30-11-2015 12:55 PM)skyking Wrote:  Really? I thought that antibiotic resistant bacteria are evolving rather quickly.

But you're not observing individuals evolving in the case of antibiotic resistant bacteria, which is what your OP seems to suggest happens.

Individuals don't evolve, populations do.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick