evidence that would convince

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2011, 03:44 PM
RE: evidence that would convince
(13-11-2011 03:16 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I read a really cool sci-fi story once. A mining town was destroyed by an explosion in the night, yet the next morning people woke up as usual, went to work as usual and lived their lives as usual. They noticed one change: commercials and billboards and all forms of advertising became so ubiquitous that there was no escape from it.

At the end of the story they discover that they are nothing but replicas of themselves. A big PR company had bought all the DNA of the dead people, cloned them in miniature form, put them into a miniature replica of their town on a laboratory bench to use as a testing ground for advertising techniques. Imagine their shock when they made it to the edge of the table and looked down!

I've read that story! It was brilliant Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2011, 03:47 PM
RE: evidence that would convince
(13-11-2011 03:16 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I read a really cool sci-fi story once. A mining town was destroyed by an explosion in the night, yet the next morning people woke up as usual, went to work as usual and lived their lives as usual. They noticed one change: commercials and billboards and all forms of advertising became so ubiquitous that there was no escape from it.

Commercials and billboards and advertising so ubiquitous you couldn't escape from it?

If only that WERE science fiction!

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post