evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 06:05 AM
evil
Atheism clearly denounces things...clearly feels religion is a negative....speaks in tones of violated justice...all things which it has no logical basis to do following the premise there is no First Cause..or what we theists call God. Atheism gives no explination for evil...(btw I dont bother with spelling...if that bothers you just iggy me)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: evil
An atheist could well denounce ignorance.

Welcome to the TTA learning experience.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Evil is a concept, an abstraction. It requires human intervention to become reality.

No gods or devils need apply.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-03-2015, 06:30 AM
And denouncing ignorence would be fine...the question is on what basis can it be considered "bad"
08-03-2015, 06:33 AM
(08-03-2015 06:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Evil is a concept, an abstraction. It requires human intervention to become reality.

So you have no problem with Children being raised to belive in God.
08-03-2015, 06:34 AM
(08-03-2015 06:05 AM)soul Wrote:  Atheism clearly denounces things...clearly feels religion is a negative....speaks in tones of violated justice...all things which it has no logical basis to do following the premise there is no First Cause..or what we theists call God. Atheism gives no explination for evil...(btw I dont bother with spelling...if that bothers you just iggy me)

Who is this atheist fellow you speak of? They sound like an interesting person, they could even get on this forum and we could have interesting conversations. I may not agree with everything this person says or believes, but it could be an interesting conversation.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
08-03-2015, 06:34 AM
(08-03-2015 06:30 AM)soul Wrote:  And denouncing ignorence would be fine...the question is on what basis can it be considered "bad"

On what basis can what be considered bad? 'Evil'? Ignorance?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-03-2015, 06:35 AM
(08-03-2015 06:33 AM)soul Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 06:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Evil is a concept, an abstraction. It requires human intervention to become reality.

I think you confuseth is with ought.

Wink

08-03-2015, 06:36 AM
(08-03-2015 06:33 AM)soul Wrote:  

Of course I have a problem with it.

It's wrong to lie to children, especially when the consequences of lying to them scars them for life.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-03-2015, 06:36 AM
(08-03-2015 06:05 AM)soul Wrote:  Atheism clearly denounces things...clearly feels religion is a negative....speaks in tones of violated justice...all things which it has no logical basis to do following the premise there is no First Cause..or what we theists call God. Atheism gives no explination for evil...(btw I dont bother with spelling...if that bothers you just iggy me)

Atheism does none of the above. Some atheists do some of those some of the time.

What do you think atheism is? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post