evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: evil
Well, I doubt we will get any hellfire preacher theists as that is one of the least of the ones we get.

My guess is that our next theist will be using the cosmological argument. Thats my guess.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 09:24 PM
That which can Never be proven true is false. - A Philosophical Razor

So evolution is false?

08-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Man may be defined as an animal that makes dogmas. As he piles doctrine on doctrine and conclusion on conclusion in the formation of some tremendous scheme of philosophy and religion, he is, in the only legitimate sense of which the expression is capable, becoming more and more human. When he drops one doctrine after another in a refined skepticism, when he declines to tie himself to a system, when he says that he has outgrown definitions, when he says that he disbelieves in finality, when, in his own imagination, he sits as God, holding no form of creed but contemplating them all, then he is by that very process sinking slowly backward into the vagueness of the vagrant animals and the unconsciousness of the grass. Trees have no dogmas. Turnips are singularly broad-minded.
GKChesterton
08-03-2015, 09:26 PM
(08-03-2015 09:04 PM)soul Wrote:  you know you guys are just as predictable....calm initial discussion...then some back and forth banter...then snark insults and flinging your poo.
booooooring. your an embarrasment to the dust and bones of Voltaire who at least had class and wit.

[Image: cheese_000008808279Large.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-03-2015, 09:28 PM
(08-03-2015 09:20 PM)soul Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 09:13 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Oh really? WE are the predictable ones? Do you have any idea how many people just like you have visited our forums before? How many have made the same old tired arguments that you have and asserted themselves as the superiors to us by making such comments? you guys have some wierd inferiority complex as I never even hinted at such

We get people just like you all the time. You did not come here with an open mind ready to be challenged and have a real discussion. You came here to throw what you previously thought as solid rational argument at us and expected us to not be able to come up with any answers for it.apparently my expectations were met

Some of our forum members call you troll, because all too often people come here who are heavily suspected to be a Poe and make the same kinds of arguments without any intention of admitting to them being wrong, no matter what anyone says to them. It's like a flat earther walking into a science convention with a bit of their pseudoscience, and expects everyone to be convinced. Then when is proven wrong, they deny it.

You had no intention of having a conversation, just intentions of you proving us wrong in some way. No matter what we say to you, it won't make a difference. That is what makes you a troll. Of course, unless I am wrong about that part. You have not really shown anything new or different that would say otherwise.back atchya...the same case could easily be made to you

....really? I mean...I made that mistake before. But at least go back and correct your mistakes.

1. No idea what your talking about with this comment. Your comment does not seem to match what I said. Elaberate please.

2. So, you admit you came here, not to have a discussion, but to have your already self pre-established infallible answers to be left unanswered? I don't understand. Every argument you can give, any one of us can easily provide an answer for that bunks it completely, because you are offering nothing new. A simple google search can lead you to hundreds of cites where you can read these same answers for yourself.

3. The same CANNOT be said for us. You are just too delusional to see the difference because you have God glasses on instead of an open mind and a pair of reading specs.

08-03-2015, 09:28 PM
(08-03-2015 09:24 PM)soul Wrote:  That which can Never be proven true is false. - A Philosophical Razor

So evolution is false?

[Image: 5C25184D-DCF1-4EA4-BEDE-06E0E4F6FC5C-179...4e35d4.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-03-2015, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 09:39 PM by Full Circle.)
(08-03-2015 09:24 PM)soul Wrote:  That which can Never be proven true is false. - A Philosophical Razor

So evolution is false?

You ever taken an antibiotic?
Do you know why the doc tells you to finish the cycle once you start it?

No, you probably don’t. Hint: evolution.

EDIT: Let me educate you
"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently declared antibiotic-resistant bacteria one of America's most serious health threats, estimating that more than 2 million people are sickened and at least 23,000 die every year due to antibiotic-resistant infections. Doctors are finding it increasingly hard to fight some infections because many antibiotics have become useless against bacteria that have developed resistance to the drugs.”
http://consumer.healthday.com/infectious...80515.html

[Image: bacterial-Resistance.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
08-03-2015, 09:31 PM
(08-03-2015 09:25 PM)soul Wrote:  Man may be defined as an animal that makes dogmas. As he piles doctrine on doctrine and conclusion on conclusion in the formation of some tremendous scheme of philosophy and religion, he is, in the only legitimate sense of which the expression is capable, becoming more and more human. When he drops one doctrine after another in a refined skepticism, when he declines to tie himself to a system, when he says that he has outgrown definitions, when he says that he disbelieves in finality, when, in his own imagination, he sits as God, holding no form of creed but contemplating them all, then he is by that very process sinking slowly backward into the vagueness of the vagrant animals and the unconsciousness of the grass. Trees have no dogmas. Turnips are singularly broad-minded.
GKChesterton

I'll say one thing for GKC ... he knew how to spell.

Thumbsup

08-03-2015, 09:32 PM

So evolution is false?

FacepalmLaugh out load

With that comment. We now know just how far the rabbit hole goes where his critical thinking skills are hiding in are.

He is a creationist folks! LOL>

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

http://www.amazon.com/Undeniable-Evoluti...1250007135

[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
08-03-2015, 09:37 PM
(08-03-2015 09:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  ...
With that comment. We now know just how far the rabbit hole goes where his critical thinking skills are hiding in are.

Yup. That did it for me. No benefit of doubt remains.

That, and the repeated claims that no one has dealt with the question posed.

Pity. It was fun to start with.

Can't say I didn't try.

Never mind.

:sigh:

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post