evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: evil
I have noticed something and thought is comment. The responses all seem to run the lines of: if atheism is true bad things. Or: it is desirable to me that god exists.

Even if I grant all arguments that are put forward about morality and purpose (which I don't, but I'll pretend), this has no bearing on the reality of the matter. Just because it is desirable that there is a god doesn't mean that such a thing exists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
14-03-2015, 04:56 AM
(14-03-2015 03:04 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  You know, you are right! That post, by me, was uncalled for and unnecessary. I could have found a less offensive way to illustrate my thoughts. I have no fear that God will strike me down. But I still feel the need to apologize.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
14-03-2015, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2015 05:47 AM by DLJ.)
(12-03-2015 03:59 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 12:48 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  So, now we are left with degrees of "Evil". Like, if I slide my cock into your seven year old daughters pussy, HOW EVIL IS THAT?? Seems pretty evil
Thank you for this perfect summation of the hostility and perversion that can be expected from posters at this forum. Smile

Undecided - Lecture_preist = Evil_monster

- - - -

On another note: amidst the atheist back-patting and self-congratulating posts in this thread, there seems to be a bit of talk about evolution.

Could someone please direct me to the best thread that TTA has which argues in favor of evolution? That is: what thread makes the best case for evolution against Creationists?

- - -

I have reported this scumdog on the cybertipline for ncmec with urlstamp and time and date as a written incitement to illegal sexual activity with a minor. Good luck when the feds look into this forum.
14-03-2015, 05:42 AM
(14-03-2015 03:04 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:59 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Thank you for this perfect summation of the hostility and perversion that can be expected from posters at this forum. Smile

- - - -

On another note: amidst the atheist back-patting and self-congratulating posts in this thread, there seems to be a bit of talk about evolution.

Could someone please direct me to the best thread that TTA has which argues in favor of evolution? That is: what thread makes the best case for evolution against Creationists?

- - -
You know, you are right! That post, by me, was uncalled for and unnecessary. I could have found a less offensive way to illustrate my thoughts. I have no fear that God will strike me down. But I still feel the need to apologize.

Good you can apologize to the feds because I reported on the tipline for exploited children. Just explain how there is no such thing as evil.
14-03-2015, 05:49 AM
(13-03-2015 10:42 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You state two words: "properly," and "morality." Define these words and prove that they are real in the absence of a Creator.

That's what I've been doing until now, and what we're doing in this thread.

(13-03-2015 03:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Why are there no "good" things if atheist? For the same reason there are no "evil" things. Neither the human perception of good or evil has any cosmic significance outside of the current trend of human perception. Again, this is all assuming that the atheists are correct and that there is no God.

There is good and evil for us, just no personifications of these concepts. If you do something that produces harm to others, either physical or emotional (or both), then it's bad, wouldn't you agree?

How can an atheist say that stealing is bad? Because it produces harm to others, in this case the robbed victim. It also produces indirect harm, i.e. the block where the robbing occurred feels less safe, etc.

How can an atheist say masturbation is not bad? Because it doesn't harm anyone.

It's not that hard, really.

(13-03-2015 03:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  If atheism is true, and there is no such thing as good or evil--if there is nothing we ought to do or ought not to do--then honesty does not fall into any kind of category other than rocking the boat for other human beings. And ultimately, who cares if you are rocking the boat for other human beings? You are not working against the cosmos in any way. Only the preferences of those around you. You are not violating any kind of natural law or even divine law. You are just doing something that elicits emotional biological reactions from fellow organisms.

When staring into a petri dish through a microscope, and when I see a winning protozoa competing against its neighbors, I don't see it feigning concern for the other organisms' feelings. It does not psychoanalyze its disingenuous behavior. It grows, multiples, and succeeds because it seizes its opportunities ruthlessly.

Who cares what bacteria do? We do not base our morality on what bacteria do, and let me underline this: we do not use the Theory of Evolution to define our morality.

Morality based on darwinian evolution would create a ruthless world, and that is not what atheists are doing.

(13-03-2015 03:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  "...that's bad because..." You are atheist. What does "bad" mean? Prove that bad exists.

Already answered above.

(13-03-2015 03:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Incorrect. I am not saying that the cheating is neither bad nor good because you are atheist.

I am stating that if atheism is correct, and there is no God, and there is therefore no order or reason to the cosmos, then it is neither good nor bad if your partner is cheating on you. Not because you are an atheist. But because you would be living in a godless universe. A godless universe has no mind nor concern for what happens to you. Do what you want.

Like someone said, the universe doesn't care if my partner cheats on me. That's correct. But I do. And I don't care if the universe doesn't care. The cheating is affecting me personally. Do you care when other partners cheat in their own couples? I suppose not.

Cheating is bad because it hurts my feelings deeply, it destroys my trust in said person and it shows great disrespect towards our relationship. That's why I find it very bad. Those are real consequences, regardless of your beliefs.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
14-03-2015, 05:58 AM
(13-03-2015 03:58 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 12:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Enlighten us, oh wise one Rolleyes How come *you* jokers feel you know better what goes on in our heads than us? Yahweh grant you root?

I don't understand your slang: Yahweh grant you root.
Natuurlik, which is why I use it Tongue

Quote:But yes. *We* enlightened feel we know better about what goes on in your heads than you do.

Again, this could be another thread of its own.

Basically, a continuously pursued journey for divine enlightenment turns your perspective from a pond into an ocean. An actual faithful Catholic will look at a faithless person and consider their mindset to be that of a juvenile. Not all Catholics are like that, as there is a lot of faux Catholics out there. But I'm mainly talking about the ones who think about what they are actually believing.

... Y'know my question was more supposed to make you look at yourself and think "Gee, I'm being a bit presumptuous here thinking I can tell an atheist what his thoughts are"... and here you go doubling down...

It's OK, I think you're completely fucken nuts too.

Quote:A bit silly and unrealistic. But I suppose if I were in the camp of the Israelites, and God commanded me--as a part of the army--to conqure and kill all of the Caananites, which included the women and children, I would comply.
You're one scary motherfucker. If I kill, it'll be because I decided the situation demanded it, as for example if some crazy religious fucker with an army at his back came along wanting to kill all my family.

Bonus question: so you'd only do it if God commanded you as part of an army? It's not like God doesn't hand out solo slaughter missions either.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-03-2015, 06:09 AM
(14-03-2015 05:39 AM)soul Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:59 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Thank you for this perfect summation of the hostility and perversion that can be expected from posters at this forum. Smile

- - - -

- - -

I have reported this scumdog on the cybertipline for ncmec with urlstamp and time and date as a written incitement to illegal sexual activity with a minor. Good luck when the feds look into this forum.

You are an idiot. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-03-2015, 06:12 AM
(14-03-2015 05:42 AM)soul Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 03:04 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  You know, you are right! That post, by me, was uncalled for and unnecessary. I could have found a less offensive way to illustrate my thoughts. I have no fear that God will strike me down. But I still feel the need to apologize.

Good you can apologize to the feds because I reported on the tipline for exploited children. Just explain how there is no such thing as evil.

You are too stupid to recognize the difference between rhetoric and reality. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-03-2015, 06:28 AM
(14-03-2015 05:39 AM)soul Wrote:  Good luck when the feds look into this forum.

What makes you think the feds ain't already here? There are many atheists among our ranks.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2015, 06:30 AM
(14-03-2015 06:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 05:42 AM)soul Wrote:  Good you can apologize to the feds because I reported on the tipline for exploited children. Just explain how there is no such thing as evil.

You are too stupid to recognize the difference between rhetoric and reality. Dodgy

Would be different if this was his first foray into that topic. Reality seems more likely than rhetoric is his case.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat