evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2015 06:47 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: evil
(14-03-2015 05:39 AM)soul Wrote:  I have reported this scumdog on the cybertipline for ncmec with urlstamp and time and date as a written incitement to illegal sexual activity with a minor. Good luck when the feds look into this forum.

Which minor was that? If LaramieHirsch don't have a 7 yo daughter all you've done is strain the resources of an already overburdened organization trying to do good deeds without the distraction of bogus and frivolous reports. Chas is right, you are an idiot.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Sorry, Girly and Chas...you are betting on the wrong horse this time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-03-2015, 06:54 AM
I dunno... Hasn't Been Proven and Ill Considered Remarks seem to win a lot of races.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-03-2015, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2015 07:32 AM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2015 06:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Sorry, Girly and Chas...you are betting on the wrong horse this time.

Forum rules aside, no U.S. law was broken. IWishIHadASoul's legal threat is baseless and frivolous. Be like me saying "I'd fuck the Virgin Mary in her little prepubescent ass." Offensive yes, illegal no. With respect to forum rules, well that ain't my jurisdiction.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2015, 08:45 AM
(14-03-2015 03:04 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:59 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Thank you for this perfect summation of the hostility and perversion that can be expected from posters at this forum. Smile

Undecided - Lecture_preist = Evil_monster

- - - -

On another note: amidst the atheist back-patting and self-congratulating posts in this thread, there seems to be a bit of talk about evolution.

Could someone please direct me to the best thread that TTA has which argues in favor of evolution? That is: what thread makes the best case for evolution against Creationists?

- - -
You know, you are right! That post, by me, was uncalled for and unnecessary. I could have found a less offensive way to illustrate my thoughts. I have no fear that God will strike me down. But I still feel the need to apologize.

It's good that you apologize, but understand that we members here view such remarks as being so distasteful as to be going way over the line, which can result in many of us putting you under a microscope and reporting anything that even resembles anything that contradicts the rules on this forum.

Thread carefully ...

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
14-03-2015, 10:51 AM
(13-03-2015 10:42 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Continuing pg 22 replies.

(13-03-2015 07:52 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I'm sure there are many believers (any faith) that behave properly, and many that don't. And the same thing goes to atheists. That only goes to show you that morality doesn't need to come from a supreme being.

You state two words: "properly," and "morality." Define these words and prove that they are real in the absence of a Creator.

(13-03-2015 03:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  If atheist, there are no "good things."

(13-03-2015 07:52 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Why not? I disagree with that.

Why are there no "good" things if atheist? For the same reason there are no "evil" things. Neither the human perception of good or evil has any cosmic significance outside of the current trend of human perception. Again, this is all assuming that the atheists are correct and that there is no God.

To put it another way, consider the beloved C.S. Lewis:

"Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God."

(13-03-2015 07:52 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Of course it does matter that people are honest to me. Why would it not?

If atheism is true, and there is no such thing as good or evil--if there is nothing we ought to do or ought not to do--then honesty does not fall into any kind of category other than rocking the boat for other human beings. And ultimately, who cares if you are rocking the boat for other human beings? You are not working against the cosmos in any way. Only the preferences of those around you. You are not violating any kind of natural law or even divine law. You are just doing something that elicits emotional biological reactions from fellow organisms.

When staring into a petri dish through a microscope, and when I see a winning protozoa competing against its neighbors, I don't see it feigning concern for the other organisms' feelings. It does not psychoanalyze its disingenuous behavior. It grows, multiples, and succeeds because it seizes its opportunities ruthlessly.

(13-03-2015 07:52 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  If people are not honest with me, that's bad because I don't like treating with people that don't value me enough to tell me things honestly or at least be honest about their intentions. It's disrespectful and I don't want anything to do with them.

"...that's bad because..." You are atheist. What does "bad" mean? Prove that bad exists.

(13-03-2015 07:52 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You're basically saying that if, for example, my partner cheats on me, it's "neither good or bad" because I'm an atheist?

Incorrect. I am not saying that the cheating is neither bad nor good because you are atheist.

I am stating that if atheism is correct, and there is no God, and there is therefore no order or reason to the cosmos, then it is neither good nor bad if your partner is cheating on you. Not because you are an atheist. But because you would be living in a godless universe. A godless universe has no mind nor concern for what happens to you. Do what you want.

You ask for definitions of subjective concepts and all the while claim FOR objectivity.

There are no objective concepts of good or evil and I challenge you to find any, especially in the Bible.

You say you follow a cosmic narrow path of "good" and I hate to break this to you but it is you who has defined the totally subjective rules of this path.

And guess what? I've done the same thing, I've subjectively defined my own path. Who's is correct? No one can say objectively.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Us and them ... And who knows which is which and who is who?

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2015, 11:17 AM

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
14-03-2015, 12:25 PM
And after all we're just ordinary men.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-03-2015, 01:05 PM
(14-03-2015 07:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Sorry, Girly and Chas...you are betting on the wrong horse this time.

Forum rules aside, no U.S. law was broken. IWishIHadASoul's legal threat is baseless and frivolous. Be like me saying "I'd fuck the Virgin Mary in her little prepubescent ass." Offensive yes, illegal no. With respect to forum rules, well that ain't my jurisdiction.

This guy has established a pattern that I just don't think is exclusive to what he posts on this forum. Threat real or not - doesn't matter - it's his MO to go there with his posts. Even you have warned him in the past 'not to go there'. Memories seem to be short where Ameron is concerned. Mine isn't.

Not your jurisdiction, nor is it mine...but I don't have to sit here and let him do and say whatever he wants. I can, and will, speak up till I am told to leave.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat