evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: evil
(08-03-2015 11:43 AM)soul Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 11:40 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  You obviously don't know what a slave is.
You see when you ask to borrow my sugar I only agree to give if you agree to return it. That would be a mutual agreement. When you are my slave you don't get to agree or disagree with shit. You get to do whatever the fuck I say you do or I get to beat the shit out of you. I'll be good to go, by the way, as long as you don't die right away...
You obviously dont understand there are many kinds of slavery...you describe chattel slavery.
BTW I must do whatever the bank says vis a vis my mortgage or I am out on the street...your simile fails in that losing your home...and not haveing some sugar are from from equal things.

BTW whats wrong with any kind of slavery...its survival of the fittest yes?
I was describing slavery as it is in your holy book. You know the one that written in the Bronze Age. Remember when you said that morality was the same then as it is now. Well beating a slave within inches of his life is fine by your god. So therefore it is fine today.
To be consistent you must agree that it's fine. That or you have to admit you're full of shit...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2015, 01:40 PM
At any rate this is the god of the gaps arguement.
I don't understand how this thing works and I'm too stupid or lazy to search for a rational answer. Therefore I will attribute it to magic. Worked when I was a child and so it good enough for me now.
Here's the thing. Believe whatever nonsense you want but I'd suggest you keep it to yourself. Everyone here has heard this shit before and if I wanted to listen to a parrot I'd get one at the pet store.
Does anyone else feel embarrassed for people like this?
It blows my mind that grown ass people actually believe in magic.
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2015, 02:04 PM
(08-03-2015 01:40 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  At any rate this is the god of the gaps arguement.
I don't understand how this thing works and I'm too stupid or lazy to search for a rational answer. Therefore I will attribute it to magic. Worked when I was a child and so it good enough for me now.
Here's the thing. Believe whatever nonsense you want but I'd suggest you keep it to yourself. Everyone here has heard this shit before and if I wanted to listen to a parrot I'd get one at the pet store.
Obviously you are one of the amateur atheists. Fling your poo monkey man...it bothers me not.
08-03-2015, 02:09 PM
(08-03-2015 02:04 PM)soul Wrote:  Obviously you are one of the amateur atheists. Fling your poo monkey man...it bothers me not.

[Image: GIF-Watch-out-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here-GIFS.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-03-2015, 02:22 PM
(08-03-2015 02:04 PM)soul Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 01:40 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  At any rate this is the god of the gaps arguement.
Obviously you are one of the amateur atheists. Fling your poo monkey man...it bothers me not.

Research finds poop-throwing by chimps is a sign of intelligence. The more poop they throw the smarter they are.

The neural and cognitive correlates of aimed throwing in chimpanzees: a magnetic resonance image and behavioural study on a unique form of social tool use.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
(08-03-2015 01:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:44 PM)soul Wrote:  So your agnostic.

Yes. I think you'll find that most atheists are agnostic atheists.

Quote:Hmmm....cant argue with what you say you "see" but I see...the development of sciences and medicine...jurisprudince...the concept of equality between rich and poor...concern for the weak and infirm...loving enemys...property rights...respect for women.

That's just hilarious. Christianity has been a huge roadblock to the sciences and medicine, it's idea of jurisprudence is might make right, property rights are nonexistent, and women are considered property.

There is some lip service in the bible to concern for the poor, weak, and infirm but that has been conveniently ignored or twisted in order to gain and retain power.

Many individual Christians are decent, caring people. From my perspective that is true despite their religion, not because of it.

Quote:What the bible words are and how they are interpreted are completely different matters...obviously you define it in your opinion.

And when you take what's there and "interpret" it to come out the way you want it to be you are using your own moral compass to do so. Chuck the book and start from a clean slate and you'll probably come up with a better system and one that doesn't require so much interpretation.

Quote:How does a theory or scientific concept "provide" anything....who wrote evolutions code??

I was talking about the process and evolution, not the theory itself. Your question about "who" is nonsensical. There is no need for a "who".

Quote:No it doesnt because God in our understanding is not located in time and space...otherwise it wouldnt be God.[/b]

Prove it. Saying god is not located in time and space is just hand waving to get around the fact that it is nothing but make believe. Saying "god did it" when you get to something you don't understand is not an answer and doesn't actually explain anything.
First off there is no need for animosity....two folks having a chat about things...thats all.
Ill start with last first:
Quote:Prove it. Saying god is not located in time and space is just hand waving to get around the fact that it is nothing but make believe. Saying "god did it" when you get to something you don't understand is not an answer and doesn't actually explain anything.
I am simply stating the theist position...I dont have to prove it because I am not demanding you to accept it....further there is no proof you would accept that can be conveyed in a discussion on a forum....you overestimate the importance of what we are doing here....its just a conversation mate thats all...dont make it personal or your violating your own principle of tolerance.

Quote:I was talking about the process and evolution, not the theory itself. Your question about "who" is nonsensical. There is no need for a "who".
This is a subject for a different thread...one I would start with...If I found a hand-carved rocking chair on the moon I wouldnt look for what process put it there but WHO.
Quote: Chuck the book and start from a clean slate and you'll probably come up with a better system and one that doesn't require so much interpretation.
I dont need the bible to make my case...I dont even need the bible to worship God...Im not an evangelical bible banger. Besides you guys brought the bible up...it is a book of faith and prottys misuse it all the time...I dont expect anyone to be able to understand the bible unless they have access to an infallable interpreter. Again this is a discussion for another thread not this one...
Quote:That's just hilarious. Christianity has been a huge roadblock to the sciences and medicine, it's idea of jurisprudence is might make right, property rights are nonexistent, and women are considered property.
You obviously have skipped the entire history of western civilization to make this hoot of an assertion. Again though...not the topic of this thread. (I noticed atheists debaters like to change the subject alot)
Quote:Yes. I think you'll find that most atheists are agnostic atheists.
You cannot be both....an atheist has settled the issue...there is no God. An agnostic says it has not been sufficiently proven. Also I wonder how others here feel about this assertion you made.
Again...Im not here to "save" you....I have no personal beef with you or anyone here...there need not be any anger or vitriol for us to discuss these topics.
Drinking Beverage
08-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Ahem...mr soul man...

Google is your friend,

Agnostic atheism, also called atheistic agnosticism, is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact. The agnostic atheist may be contrasted with the agnostic theist, who believes that one or more deities exist but claims that the existence or nonexistence of such is unknown or cannot be known.[1][2][3]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-03-2015, 02:48 PM
(08-03-2015 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 02:04 PM)soul Wrote:  Obviously you are one of the amateur atheists. Fling your poo monkey man...it bothers me not.

Research finds poop-throwing by chimps is a sign of intelligence. The more poop they throw the smarter they are.

The neural and cognitive correlates of aimed throwing in chimpanzees: a magnetic resonance image and behavioural study on a unique form of social tool use.
That pic is a pretty good likeness of me too..Smile
08-03-2015, 02:53 PM
(08-03-2015 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ahem...mr soul man...

Google is your friend,

Agnostic atheism, also called atheistic agnosticism, is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact. The agnostic atheist may be contrasted with the agnostic theist, who believes that one or more deities exist but claims that the existence or nonexistence of such is unknown or cannot be known.[1][2][3]

I'm sure you'll agree that having to explain this over and over and over and over and over gets a little tiresome.
Maybe one day the fuckwits will get it...
08-03-2015, 02:54 PM
(08-03-2015 02:24 PM)soul Wrote:  ...
You cannot be both....an atheist has settled the issue...there is no God. An agnostic says it has not been sufficiently proven. Also I wonder how others here feel about this assertion you made.

:gets out of the sack for a pee:
:checks progress:
:oops! more assertions:
:goes back to bed:

I'll speak for the "others" and say "we feel just dandy about that".

Anj ... school ma'am. Nice.