evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 03:16 PM
RE: evil
(08-03-2015 03:03 PM)soul Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 02:53 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm sure you'll agree that having to explain this over and over and over and over and over gets a little tiresome.
Maybe one day the fuckwits will get it...

Then why have a forum?

Partly to make fun of people like you. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2015, 03:17 PM
(08-03-2015 03:06 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 02:04 PM)soul Wrote:  Obviously you are one of the amateur atheists. Fling your poo monkey man...it bothers me not.

Amateur atheist? Well yes I suppose. I mean I don't make a living at atheism so I'm certainly not a professional. Smile
I've been an atheist for nearly 30 years so I'm pretty seasoned. I'm excellent at not believing in gods and I'm sure I could not believe in gods as well as any professional atheist. Perhaps I should try out for the NAL. The National Atheist League! Hmm. Does Canada have any teams?
Dunno ask DLJ he brought up the existence of amateur atheists (post #27 I think) I got the impression he held that intelligent or at least attempts at intelligent discussions WAS'NT amateur.
08-03-2015, 03:18 PM
(08-03-2015 03:16 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 03:03 PM)soul Wrote:  Then why have a forum?

Partly to make fun of people like you. Smile
Such and enlightened and invigorating thought life you must have.Thumbsup
08-03-2015, 03:18 PM
(08-03-2015 03:12 PM)soul Wrote:  As I said to mr druid...why have a public forum if you only want to hear folks agree with you?

Some of us are still waiting for any actual evidence.Consider
Some of us are tired of dealing with theistic spin on everything in daily life and want a respite.
Some of us want to offer support to other atheists, especially closeted ones.
Some of us enjoy interacting with like-minded people.
Some of us have other reasons and all probably have a mix.

Why do you seem to have a problem with atheists talking to each other? How many Christian forums are there that won't even allow an atheist to express any disagreement? You are welcome to provide any arguments you want for theism. You shouldn't be surprised when they aren't taken at face value though as there hasn't been a new argument in a long time and the old arguments are often tiresome.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-03-2015, 03:20 PM
So on what basis do you hold anything...evil...bad..negative...undesirable? If you cant answer that question you have no worldview at all.
08-03-2015, 03:26 PM
(08-03-2015 03:03 PM)soul Wrote:  Then why have a forum? Do you just want to hear your echo...go stick your head in the loo....and start pontificating. Your atheist arguments arent any more original BTW...but maybe I thought a forum called "thinking" atheist would allow for others to "think" differently. Its the paradox of the narrow minded atheist who proclaims his freedom from dogmas and then proceeds to shut out any that dont accept his.
Really all this emotion snark and anger does not seem to befit the image the forum is trying to promote.

This is an atheist forum, whatever your belief may be, we aren't required to pander to you. If you cannot offer any evidence at all and personal reflections, experiences and mythic texts deemed holy by you, do not qualify as evidence, then you're absolutely no different than any others who come here to explain how misguided we are.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-03-2015, 03:29 PM
(08-03-2015 03:18 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 03:12 PM)soul Wrote:  As I said to mr druid...why have a public forum if you only want to hear folks agree with you?

Some of us are still waiting for any actual evidence.Consider
Some of us are tired of dealing with theistic spin on everything in daily life and want a respite.
Some of us want to offer support to other atheists, especially closeted ones.
Some of us enjoy interacting with like-minded people.
Some of us have other reasons and all probably have a mix.

Why do you seem to have a problem with atheists talking to each other? How many Christian forums are there that won't even allow an atheist to express any disagreement? You are welcome to provide any arguments you want for theism. You shouldn't be surprised when they aren't taken at face value though as there hasn't been a new argument in a long time and the old arguments are often tiresome.
I dont have any problem with it. Your impression is wrong. But it seems to me your no better than the christian sites you complain of...If I had a site youd be welcome to discuss...as I see it no one can harm the truth. Also to quote your compatriot above...no one has forced you into this discussion with me...you are free to ignore my tired and worn out theistic tropes...further I am not surprised nor offended if you dont accept my supports for my assertions...thats the point of debate...to debate...get it. What does shock me is how consistantly you folks miss the fact of how intolerant and ignorant you are to others who disagree. The very charge you lay at the feet of theists...so I ma shocked you dont see the clear hypocrisy of it/ As I said Im not here to "save" you...preach at you...demean you or force my views on you. If your positions are solid they need not fear mine. You guys are supposed to be the elite of the openminded.
08-03-2015, 03:30 PM
(08-03-2015 03:12 PM)soul Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 03:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You know that you aren't being held captive, right? You can leave at any time. You passive-aggressive shit and double-speak isn't really a picnic for us.

And, please enlighten me, how is it that you know what an atheist thinks? Do you think that all atheists/agnostics are of one mind? If that's what you think then you are quite mistaken.

And the door in here works both ways...you are free to go. There will be another here just like you in no time.
As I said to mr druid...why have a public forum if you only want to hear folks agree with you?
[Image: 230px-michelangelo_caravaggio_065.jpg]

You see it isn't nessasary for you to agree with me or anyone. People like you come here all the fucking time and assert the same bullshit over and over. You don't present evidence, you just spout crap and get all butt hurt when you're called out.
Few people here are going to tolerate assertions. Show us the evidence or shut the fuck up.
Ill wait...
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2015, 03:35 PM
(08-03-2015 03:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 03:03 PM)soul Wrote:  Then why have a forum? Do you just want to hear your echo...go stick your head in the loo....and start pontificating. Your atheist arguments arent any more original BTW...but maybe I thought a forum called "thinking" atheist would allow for others to "think" differently. Its the paradox of the narrow minded atheist who proclaims his freedom from dogmas and then proceeds to shut out any that dont accept his.
Really all this emotion snark and anger does not seem to befit the image the forum is trying to promote.

This is an atheist forum, whatever your belief may be, we aren't required to pander to you. If you cannot offer any evidence at all and personal reflections, experiences and mythic texts deemed holy by you, do not qualify as evidence, then you're absolutely no different than any others who come here to explain how misguided we are.
Never asked you to pander...do you have any evidence I asked that of you?
The evidence I bring is your own rhetoric against this or against that.....you hold religion as "bad" I cant argue that....faith non evidence...I cant argue that... but to hold theism or the believe in a first cause or creator as "bad" or "negative" you must reject all theist first principles and rhetoric...you must drop all pretence that you can know anything to be bad or negative...that torquemadas torture chambers or stalins purges are only bad in the eye of the beholder...Im sure torqumada and stalin thought their policies very good indeed.
08-03-2015, 03:37 PM
(08-03-2015 03:30 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
[Image: 230px-michelangelo_caravaggio_065.jpg]

You see it isn't nessasary for you to agree with me or anyone. People like you come here all the fucking time and assert the same bullshit over and over. You don't present evidence, you just spout crap and get all butt hurt when you're called out.
Few people here are going to tolerate assertions. Show us the evidence or shut the fuck up.
Ill wait...
Im not hurt...but you seem to be...you have no more evidence than I do BTW.