evil and God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: evil and God
(22-06-2016 01:14 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:05 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  A decision that an omnipotent god would have been able to see.

He did, yet chose to create anyway. He thought offering redemption to fallen humanity was worth creating man anyway. Since He is God, His ways are beyond our understanding unless He reveals them to us.

How many suppositions and wild assertions have to be piled on top of each other before you see that it is a house of cards? If you presuppose that a god exists but can't reconcile what you want him to be like with the way the world works you have to just keep adding more "what if" crap on top until you come up with something that you think explains it all. It's much simpler to just realize that there's no evidence for any of it, particularly the initial supposition that there is a god.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
22-06-2016, 01:22 PM
(22-06-2016 01:20 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:14 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  He did, yet chose to create anyway. He thought offering redemption to fallen humanity was worth creating man anyway. Since He is God, His ways are beyond our understanding unless He reveals them to us.

How many suppositions and wild assertions have to be piled on top of each other before you see that it is a house of cards? If you presuppose that a god exists but can't reconcile what you want him to be like with the way the world works you have to just keep adding more "what if" crap on top until you come up with something that you think explains it all. It's much simpler to just realize that there's no evidence for any of it, particularly the initial supposition that there is a god.

Thanks for the insight. Would you please explain your worldview?
22-06-2016, 01:24 PM
(22-06-2016 01:17 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Such shit isn't even worth considering. Also it's obvious that you aren't interested in discussion, just in preaching/trolling.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

I am very interested in discussing, why would you think otherwise?

Read what you write.

Baseless assertions aren't basis of good discussion.

Quote: Why is the argument not worth considering?

Cause it is shit. It was already discussed here. Use search engine. That is if you're interested in something more than preaching.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-06-2016, 01:26 PM
(22-06-2016 01:16 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Many times, in multiple variations. They are all based on fallacies.

Please describe some of the fallacies you discovered.

Which version of the cosmological argument do you think is compelling?

(22-06-2016 01:17 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Such shit isn't even worth considering. Also it's obvious that you aren't interested in discussion, just in preaching/trolling.

I am very interested in discussing, why would you think otherwise? Why is the argument not worth considering?

You aren't making an argument, you are just asserting how you think things might be.

Please provide evidence that any of your suppositions are even possible. We have exactly zero demonstrable evidence that anything supernatural exists. We have exactly zero demonstrable evidence that anything that would qualify as a god exists or could possibly exist.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-06-2016, 01:28 PM
(22-06-2016 01:20 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:07 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  God still created man, he created Adam and Eve in a way where they would be able to disobey him. He could've made them brainwashed robots who only know how to follow orders and never rebel, but he didn't so then they rebelled, it's all his fault in the end. Who else would've given them the power to rebel if it wasn't God? That makes no sense.

If man were robotic, he could not experience a real loving relationship which is why God created man in the first place. Would you want someone to choose you based on robotic response or real emotion?

You didn't answer the question, did God create man to be rebellious, in that Adam and Eve would be able to disobey him and reject him? If so is it their fault when they did rebel against him and suffered for it or is it his fault? You wrote that God didn't create man rebellious, than how did he create him then? To be submissive and to follow his orders? Than he did create man to be robotic.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
22-06-2016, 01:28 PM
(22-06-2016 01:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:17 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  I am very interested in discussing, why would you think otherwise?

Read what you write.

Quote: Why is the argument not worth considering?

Cause it is shit. It was already discussed here. Use search engine. That is if you're interested in something more than preaching.

I would think the assertions would be great starting points for discussion. Isn't that how it works? What makes the argument unworthy? Which premise is erroneous?
22-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(22-06-2016 01:28 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:20 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  If man were robotic, he could not experience a real loving relationship which is why God created man in the first place. Would you want someone to choose you based on robotic response or real emotion?

You didn't answer the question, did God create man to be rebellious, in that Adam and Eve would be able to disobey him and reject him? If so is it their fault when they did rebel against him and suffered for it or is it his fault? You wrote that God didn't create man rebellious, than how did he create him then? To be submissive and to follow his orders? Than he did create man to be robotic.

Since God can do what He wants it would not be unreasonably for Him to provide a framework within which to operate. God wants man to lovingly obey Him instead of a brainless action. Wouldn't this be the preferred response in a relationship?
(22-06-2016 01:22 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:20 PM)unfogged Wrote:  How many suppositions and wild assertions have to be piled on top of each other before you see that it is a house of cards? If you presuppose that a god exists but can't reconcile what you want him to be like with the way the world works you have to just keep adding more "what if" crap on top until you come up with something that you think explains it all. It's much simpler to just realize that there's no evidence for any of it, particularly the initial supposition that there is a god.

Thanks for the insight. Would you please explain your worldview?

I'm never quite sure what theists mean by that... I accept claims for which there is evidence and the more outlandish the claim the more evidence is needed. I don't believe things are true, I believe that they are more or less likely to be true based on the evidence supporting them. I recognize that there are many things I do not know or understand and that I may never know or understand them. I also recognize that what I might want to be real or not has no bearing on whether it is actually real or not. Finally, I understand that making up "god did it" answers doesn't actually get me any closer to the real truth of anything; it just provides a reason to stop searching.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
(22-06-2016 01:28 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Read what you write.

I would think the assertions would be great starting points for discussion. Isn't that how it works? What makes the argument unworthy? Which premise is erroneous?

Then you think wrong.

You aren't even remotely original, you just spouting tired old shit, just like other god bots. Don't expect further answers, you've been feed enough.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-06-2016, 01:35 PM
(22-06-2016 01:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:22 PM)godisinspiteofevil Wrote:  Thanks for the insight. Would you please explain your worldview?

I'm never quite sure what theists mean by that... I accept claims for which there is evidence and the more outlandish the claim the more evidence is needed. I don't believe things are true, I believe that they are more or less likely to be true based on the evidence supporting them. I recognize that there are many things I do not know or understand and that I may never know or understand them. I also recognize that what I might want to be real or not has no bearing on whether it is actually real or not. Finally, I understand that making up "god did it" answers doesn't actually get me any closer to the real truth of anything; it just provides a reason to stop searching.

Thank you for the response. What is the purpose of life in your worldview?