evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 02:35 PM
evolution
I still believe in god but I want to know if you made a book with all the evidence for evolution how many pages would that book be? I kind of want to believe in evolution but I think there's evidence for god as well
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: evolution
Writing something down doesn't equate to physical evidence.

We have the fossil records to speak to the theory of evolution.

This "god" character -- just a bunch of stories -- no physical evidence whatsoever.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-08-2016, 02:40 PM
This should be moved.

And the evidence for evolution wouldn't fit in a book, it would fit into a mountain, barely.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
14-08-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 02:50 PM by Loom.)
DNA alone points towards a common ancestor, no fossils required.

Evolution is heavily studied, and, as opposed to 'popular' belief, scientists would LOVE to know if something is found to be false or contradictory in the theory.

All I can say is, if we were to put it all in a book, it'd be much thicker than what we know about gravity.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
14-08-2016, 02:43 PM
(14-08-2016 02:35 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  I still believe in god but I want to know if you made a book with all the evidence for evolution how many pages would that book be? I kind of want to believe in evolution but I think there's evidence for god as well

How can this matter? Do you think if there is a page more than the Bible it would 'win' the argument?

What are you really trying to find out?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-08-2016, 02:47 PM
(14-08-2016 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 02:35 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  I still believe in god but I want to know if you made a book with all the evidence for evolution how many pages would that book be? I kind of want to believe in evolution but I think there's evidence for god as well

How can this matter? Do you think if there is a page more than the Bible it would 'win' the argument?

I want to know how much evidence there is for it. people say there's an overwhelming amount of evidence but all I ever hear is the same things over and over again.
14-08-2016, 02:51 PM
You're not trying to quantify.

You're trying to equate mythology with science.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Give this site a shot:

http://talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
14-08-2016, 02:54 PM
(14-08-2016 02:47 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How can this matter? Do you think if there is a page more than the Bible it would 'win' the argument?

I want to know how much evidence there is for it. people say there's an overwhelming amount of evidence but all I ever hear is the same things over and over again.

What things are you hearing over and over again that don't convince you?
14-08-2016, 02:55 PM
[Image: b4ab88a9be0203f76fc8e559b0ca922e.jpg]