evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 04:35 AM
RE: evolution
Why is it that the guys who come here and pose these questions never keep going after they get the first serious replies?

Did they expect some other response from us?

Did they not realize that people with degrees in science actually exist, and that they might frequent an atheism forum?

What do they do, once they retreat from here, try hard to never think of what happened here, again?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-08-2016, 04:49 AM
(14-08-2016 07:23 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 06:50 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

To to OP?

Why not have both? There are theistic evolutionists.

Thumbsup

Uggggg..... I hate that splitting the baby garbage. Yes there certainly can be theist who accept evolution, but that doesn't make a god real by proxy. Every religion in the world has some degree of people who accept science. You can find not just Christians, but Muslims and Jews and Hindus and even Buddhist who will argue that science matches their religions.

I'd recommend on top of Dawkins "The God Delusion" two other books, that should be as famous as that, both by Scientist Victor Stenger.

1. The New Atheism, which goes into why splitting the baby is wrong and why science does have something to say about God.

2. God The Failed Hypothesis.
Just based on the titles of those books; they seem that they would be very biased or one sided.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
19-08-2016, 04:54 AM
(19-08-2016 04:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Evolution does not refute God's existence.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...kins+Wrong

Evolution doesn't CARE about God's existence.
Pretty sure evolution is a description of a natural phenomenon. As such it doesn't have a capacity to care about anything.

19-08-2016, 04:57 AM
(19-08-2016 04:35 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why is it that the guys who come here and pose these questions never keep going after they get the first serious replies?

Did they expect some other response from us?

Did they not realize that people with degrees in science actually exist, and that they might frequent an atheism forum?

What do they do, once they retreat from here, try hard to never think of what happened here, again?
I happen to find your input quite relieving. If atheists can conclude that evolution and faith in God aren't at ends with one another then hopefully more of the faithful can start to grasp this truth, and others that the doctrines of man have attempted to place above common sense and, or logic and science.

Can't speak for others though.

You and others most likely rattle them quite badly.

[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
19-08-2016, 05:31 AM
(19-08-2016 04:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 04:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Evolution doesn't CARE about God's existence.
Pretty sure evolution is a description of a natural phenomenon. As such it doesn't have a capacity to care about anything.

That's what I said. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Dilbert said it best.

"People are just fish plus time."
[+] 5 users Like Walter's post
19-08-2016, 11:58 AM
(19-08-2016 05:47 AM)Walter Wrote:  Dilbert said it best.

So a loud mouth ass like Bucky is just a really old large mouth bass?
19-08-2016, 01:20 PM
(19-08-2016 11:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 05:47 AM)Walter Wrote:  Dilbert said it best.

So a loud mouth ass like Bucky is just a really old large mouth bass?

Calm down old feller. Jebus no likey that shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-08-2016, 02:01 PM
(19-08-2016 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Calm down old feller. Jebus no likey that shit.

Jesus wasn't above smack talk:

“One of you jerks is going to rat on me,” said Jesus. Commotion sprang out between those gathered.
“No, man! Jesus, you be trippin’,” Peter responded. “You best be stopping that wine sipping if you know what’s good for you.”
“I’m serious,” Jesus said. He continued, “Who wants this piece of bread I just dipped in something? Judas?” - Luke 3:16
19-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Cool story. It needs a vampire and a couple dragons. With you involved, it has a troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.