evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: evolution
(14-08-2016 02:47 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How can this matter? Do you think if there is a page more than the Bible it would 'win' the argument?

What are you really trying to find out?

I want to know how much evidence there is for it. people say there's an overwhelming amount of evidence but all I ever hear is the same things over and over again.

So start reading and understanding the evidence for yourself Why ask this of others when the evidence is available to all who care to look for it? Start with the article about evolution on Wikipedia

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Evolution is a robust scientific theory with all the evidence for it, and no evidence against it. The gods hypothesis has no evidence for it and tons of falsified "proofs" to boot. There really is no competition.
14-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(14-08-2016 02:35 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  I still believe in god but I want to know if you made a book with all the evidence for evolution how many pages would that book be? I kind of want to believe in evolution but I think there's evidence for god as well

Who told you that evolution is the opposite to god?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-08-2016, 03:22 PM
(14-08-2016 03:19 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 02:35 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  I still believe in god but I want to know if you made a book with all the evidence for evolution how many pages would that book be? I kind of want to believe in evolution but I think there's evidence for god as well

Who told you that evolution is the opposite to god?

Well the god story says that he just took his magic wand and poofed things into existence in their current state. At least that's how it's presented many times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-08-2016, 03:42 PM
(14-08-2016 03:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 03:19 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Who told you that evolution is the opposite to god?

Well the god story says that he just took his magic wand and poofed things into existence in their current state. At least that's how it's presented many times.

It also says that you should stone your unruly children and slaves should obey their masters. Yet, as far as i am informed, at least some denominations changed their interpretations in the past 2000y. Tongue

If we assume that the "poofing" into existence is meant in a literal way, we already know (without evolution having to be true) that its internally inconsistent nonsense (plants created before light, etc.).

Werent there two complete separate and -surprise- contradictory creation accounts anyway? So which one are we talking about?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-08-2016, 04:09 PM
(14-08-2016 03:42 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 03:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well the god story says that he just took his magic wand and poofed things into existence in their current state. At least that's how it's presented many times.

It also says that you should stone your unruly children and slaves should obey their masters. Yet, as far as i am informed, at least some denominations changed their interpretations in the past 2000y. Tongue

If we assume that the "poofing" into existence is meant in a literal way, we already know (without evolution having to be true) that its internally inconsistent nonsense (plants created before light, etc.).

Werent there two complete separate and -surprise- contradictory creation accounts anyway? So which one are we talking about?

Just being a smart ass. I understand evolution and find it difficult to understand why it's so hard for some others to grasp.

I know the Bible stories are simpler and take less thought but they are fairy tales.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-08-2016, 05:25 PM
(14-08-2016 02:47 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How can this matter? Do you think if there is a page more than the Bible it would 'win' the argument?

What are you really trying to find out?

I want to know how much evidence there is for it. people say there's an overwhelming amount of evidence but all I ever hear is the same things over and over again.

I have a friend who proudly announces that she has never studied evolution, but she knows it is false. She also calls the silly cartoon with the monkey, then a baboon and then a gorilla, then a man 'the teaching of evolution,' and doesn't know any better. If you want to learn about evolution, check out a book from your public library and study it. The same old answers is what one gets thrown at themself by the creationists pretending they are quoting evolution. But try an actual science book or 2. That is all it will take to understand the basics behind evolution. Instead of hearing the creationists holler 'it is just a theory' or 'If men came from monkeys why are there still monkeys?' 'HAHAHAHAHA'
14-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Every single major accredited university in the world teaches Evolution.
There is not a shred of doubt that it explains best what is observed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-08-2016, 06:50 PM
At work.

To to OP?

Why not have both? There are theistic evolutionists.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
14-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Here's my two favorite books, because I ain't no scientist. I've given away about a dozen copies of each to my cousins who want to know what the facts are.

[Image: 51mO40ibCqL.jpg]

[Image: 51lQlvzbD7L.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user