evolution with no gene mutation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 10:19 AM
RE: evolution with no gene mutation
Confused i believe this is natural selection, not evolution since there were no changes in any biological mean....(?)

[Image: ganonsigresize.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2011, 11:28 AM
In your example, the structure of the population changed but none of the species evolved.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
16-11-2011, 04:42 AM
That would no longer be evolution then, it would be survival of the fittest (natural selection). The apes are just more suited for that environment.
16-11-2011, 05:17 PM
First of all: Thinking. That's good stuff right there.

Totally incorrect, of course, but that doesn't matter. Heart

In mathematics, there must be an infinite expansion of information for randomness to exist. I wiki-ed it up, this time. There's a whole article there written by apologists...

Moving on. There ain't "infinite possibility" in a universe 10^60 units of Planck time deep. All there is to it. There is no extant future, ergo "infinite possibility" is misleading at best...

You wait and see. It's all geometry. As an amateur scientist working the fringe - sure I'm a crank - but I also know stuff that cannot be known. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2011, 12:07 AM
That cannot be how everything happened. First; we've observed mutations and new traits evolve. Second; population bottlenecks. Populations decrease in number vastly such that genetic diversity is lost.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire