exactily at what poiint is your tv a computer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 04:55 PM
exactily at what poiint is your tv a computer
basically I have been following some of the tech now of days and I've noticed a trend. they are trying to get things down to two systems.{I know even though i asked and people tell me other wise I only know what I see.} the idea being that you computer, tv, internet, radio, and any other device you can think of will become only two devices in the future. something that everybody jokes about but i take seriously. ether that or everything is going tg have a computer chip in it in the future. the thing is exactly at what point dose something become a hole computer on it's own. think about it. the tv is about where the phone was ten years ago and that was just starting to be considered a computer. what do you think. thank you if you post.

p.s. how soon before a piece of paper is a computer that you can through away.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: exactily at what poiint is your tv a computer
My computer has become my radio, TV, etc long ago. I only need a TV flat screen as a monitor for films when with company.
The second piece of technology would be a cell phone. Although you can do much on a smart phone, you can't manipulate it like a computer. Write documents, make music, edit movies, use photoshop, or whatever programs that require larger screens, more surface area, and more processing power. However, tablets like the iPad are melding the two. I can seen everything being done on one piece of Tech.

I don't like the idea of disposable tech. I'd prefer a single decent sized piece of equipment that can do everything, and last forever.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
01-01-2013, 05:59 AM
lol. First-world worries. Laughat

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 06:47 AM
I laugh when I think back to the first telly I had, how big it was and how small and shitty the picture was..... the only thing you plugged into it was the aerial Yes

I remember when flatscreens first come out and me thinking "give it 5-8 years and they will be the norm" maybe its took a bit longer and is still ongoing but its mad to think in 25 years how much the television has changed.

Its hard to hazard a guess at where the future lies but your right in noticing how these units are being consolidated. In the further distant future you could ask the same question "Exactly at what point are you still classed as human" given all the future potential augmentations for the human body. Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Does it store and process information? then by definition it's a computer.

i think the term computer is stretched now. 20 years ago, only mainframes, home PCs, etc. were computers. Now, telephones, TVs, etc. meet the basic definition.

Makes me laugh how most seem to "hate" ICT, yet it's arguably the most important industry in the world lol... If people hate advanced of technology, use only stone tools or something lulz..
[+] 1 user Likes namiloveyou's post
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
thanks guys. I hope in the next five year I get to use a hd smart tv where my hands are the remote. if not to blow my mind. lol

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
02-01-2013, 07:51 AM
If it has a microprocessor in it, it's a computer. I wouldn't be surprised if your remote control qualified, let alone the TV itself Wink
The real question is: At what point will my TV run Android?
For many people the answer is: It already does.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 02:12 AM by Janus.)
(31-12-2012 04:55 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  basically I have been following some of the tech now of days and I've noticed a trend. they are trying to get things down to two systems.{I know even though i asked and people tell me other wise I only know what I see.} the idea being that you computer, tv, internet, radio, and any other device you can think of will become only two devices in the future. something that everybody jokes about but i take seriously. ether that or everything is going tg have a computer chip in it in the future. the thing is exactly at what point dose something become a hole computer on it's own. think about it. the tv is about where the phone was ten years ago and that was just starting to be considered a computer. what do you think. thank you if you post.

p.s. how soon before a piece of paper is a computer that you can through away.

The buzz word is 'convergence', kunoxian. All those technologies are getting further and further miniaturized, connected and integrated with each other. Many people today use their smartphones and tablets to do the stuff – on the go – that they used to do on their stationary laptops and tethered desktop machines just 5 and 10 years ago. Including watching TV and video, listening to radio and audio, and even producing stuff on smartphones and tablets instead of just using them for media/data consumption.
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
05-01-2013, 02:17 AM
(02-01-2013 07:51 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  If it has a microprocessor in it, it's a computer. I wouldn't be surprised if your remote control qualified, let alone the TV itself Wink

Let alone your washing machine, your tumble drier, your microwave, your car, your thermostat, and possibly even your vacuum cleaner. Etc. etc. etc. They all have microprocessors.
05-01-2013, 07:45 AM
My view is that a tv is a computer when it can report you for things. Many of the newer ones have a camera, which as we all know the government can access if they really want to. Won't be long before they have small hard drives or some other form of memory. I am not trying to bring up a conspiracy theory, but that is how I see computers these days. Everything that can be called a computer, can and will be used as a device to spy on people.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post