exactily at what poiint is your tv a computer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: exactily at what poiint is your tv a computer
(05-01-2013 07:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My view is that a tv is a computer when it can report you for things. Many of the newer ones have a camera, which as we all know the government can access if they really want to.

And you, as we all know, can tape up your computer's camera and mic if you really want to...

Smartphones are a much bigger problem: they can be set up – by your average Joe – to audio and video eavesdrop on everything that's happening around them and track its location. In realtime!
But taping up your smartphone's camera and mic almost bricks them, so that is no solution...

Still enjoy carrying your smartphone everywhere?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
(05-01-2013 01:43 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 07:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My view is that a tv is a computer when it can report you for things. Many of the newer ones have a camera, which as we all know the government can access if they really want to.

And you, as we all know, can tape up your computer's camera and mic if you really want to...

Smartphones are a much bigger problem: they can be set up – by your average Joe – to audio and video eavesdrop on everything that's happening around them and track its location. In realtime!
But taping up your smartphone's camera and mic almost bricks them, so that is no solution...

smartphones really don't scare me. If I were to be planning something illegal, I would just leave it home. It is the big plans for implanted chips that really pisses me off. It is not so much that I am looking to break laws, it is that I am not a cow. Can't speak for everyone else, but i am better than cattle.
05-01-2013, 02:03 PM
(05-01-2013 01:51 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 01:43 PM)Janus Wrote:  And you, as we all know, can tape up your computer's camera and mic if you really want to...

smartphones really don't scare me. If I were to be planning something illegal, I would just leave it home. It is the big plans for implanted chips that really pisses me off. It is not so much that I am looking to break laws, it is that I am not a cow. Can't speak for everyone else, but i am better than cattle.
They ain't getting shit from my crapphone. Well, they could, but it would be either a.garbled nonsense b.fuzzy shots or c.both. 'Yay' for crapphones.

Rob Brydon does a good impression of what the gov would hear:

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
When I was growing up my dad had a Radio Scanner because he liked listening to the pilots and Radio Tower at an airport not too close to us. (it might have been Donnington)

He had a book from the library that showed the frequencies. You could listen to the rescue services (police,ambulance, fire etc) and they picked up mobile phones as well, anything that was used in those range of frequencies.

I wonder if you can still get them today Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
(05-01-2013 01:51 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  smartphones really don't scare me. If I were to be planning something illegal, I would just leave it home. It is the big plans for implanted chips that really pisses me off. It is not so much that I am looking to break laws, it is that I am not a cow. Can't speak for everyone else, but i am better than cattle.

The authorities don't agree with you.
08-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Tim Cook is developing the iBrain as we speak.

Actually, he's simply taking over the plans that the late Jobs devised before he died.