existance exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 08:40 PM
existance exists
I've come across one thing about some theists recently that has kind of irritated me. It started a while back on the forum, and I don't remember what the topic was but I eventually snapped at the theist and since then this has been really floating around in my head.

I do not know for certain that there is no god. I am stating that, out front. I do know that the existence or non-existence of this god is completely independent of anything written in any book, the words of any prophet, and most importantly, the wishes of any person. This is the case for every single thing in the universe.

This is what is irritating me about a number of theists. They seem to think that if they wish it hard enough the universe will change around them. History will mold itself to fit the bible, geology will simply rearrange itself, the speed of light no longer has to be a constant. This is preposterous.

This is one of the main problems I have with Ken Ham, in fact. Ken Ham KNOWS that the evidence does not support his position. He knows that by all the standards of science he is wrong. And yet he continues to "put on his God glasses" and try to will the universe to agree with him. He thinks that if he just has enough faith, ie if he wishes hard enough, he will be proven right. And so he goes out of his way to try and show that he has to be right and the universe must be wrong.

Somewhere on the forums we have a geocentrist. He tried to argue against gravitational theory because it did not conform with this view. He denied the testimonies of astronauts, and of 500 years of science calling it a giant hoax and calling up testimonies from bogus pseudo-scientists. This person, who had never taken a single physics course, proceeded to shit all over the scientific process and generally succeeded in making an ass of himself and pissing off a great number of people.

What I want theists to understand is that EXISTENCE EXISTS. It is totally independent of anything they might or might not want. No amount of kicking screaming or special pleading will change that. I have stated it before, I will respect any theist a great deal more if he just comes out and admits that the evidence does not support them, but they believe anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: existance exists
Yeah the universe will rearrange itself around em but cancer is not gonna go away. Yeah right.
25-02-2014, 08:48 PM
These people are taught that they have a magical dad who will give them everything they want if they ask. Of course they think throwing hissy fits and insisting will make reality bend to their will.
25-02-2014, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 08:53 PM by donotwant.)
(25-02-2014 08:48 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  These people are taught that they have a magical dad who will give them everything they want if they ask. Of course they think throwing hissy fits and insisting will make reality bend to their will.

But the god is not gonna save em from inside a burning building Thumbsup
25-02-2014, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 11:59 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(25-02-2014 08:40 PM)natachan Wrote:  I do not know for certain that there is no god.
No don't say that.. you also don't know for certain that wish granting genies don't exist either but considering their possibility is a waste of anyone's time.

We shouldn't neglect the utter insanity of something like God or supernatural existing in the first place.. by saying "i do not know for certain" gives theists what they want.. you make them look like they have a valid point here. well they actually don't.

So what you should say is that you are "reasonably certain" that something as absurd as God does NOT exist just like how the theist is reasonably certain that Ali baba and the 40 thieves is just a fictional story.
Quote:They seem to think that if they wish it hard enough the universe will change around them.
Their premise is from wishful thinking and scientific ignorance which holds as much water as homeopathy.

Quote:He tried to argue against gravitational theory
[Image: 1310483866536.jpg]

No need to have a conversation with this person.. he is either A) A troll or B) Someone who needs to be a in a fucking mental ward

I hope this guy is just a troll.Confused

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
26-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Quote:He tried to argue against gravitational theory because it did not conform with this view.

What is his theory then?
26-02-2014, 12:09 AM
(26-02-2014 12:03 AM)donotwant Wrote:  What is his theory then?
Utter stupidity theory.

[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
26-02-2014, 12:10 AM
(26-02-2014 12:09 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:03 AM)donotwant Wrote:  What is his theory then?
Utter stupidity theory.

Well he thinks earth is flat or it's a sphere and universe rotates around it?
26-02-2014, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 12:26 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(26-02-2014 12:10 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Well he thinks earth is flat or it's a sphere and universe rotates around it?
This is supposed to be the "geocentric" theory [Image: image005.jpeg]

i.. just don't even....Facepalm i though that "Flat earthers" were stupid.. but geocentrism is a whole new level of stupidity&insanity.

26-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Sounds more like egocentric theory.
If he lived on some other planet it would seem like universe rotates around him there as well. Universe rotates around the observer at all times. Dude has to grow up.
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post