existance exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: existance exists
Why would you even bother interacting with someone so hell bent on stupidity? Look, there are ~7 billion people you can interact with, and some of them are even worth interacting with. Don't waste your time on the idiots.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 12:58 AM
(26-02-2014 12:55 AM)toadaly Wrote:  Why would you even bother interacting with someone so hell bent on stupidity? Look, there are ~7 billion people you can interact with, and some of them are even worth interacting with. Don't waste your time on the idiots.

I agree. Life is short. Time is limited so why waste it on fucking morons instead of beautiful things which exist? It just makes us even more stupid then people we waste time arguing with.
[+] 2 users Like donotwant's post
26-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote:He tried to argue against gravitational theory because it did not conform with this view.

Let me say something. NASA itself has done well over 100 recorded launches into space when most of them where manned.
Not even counting third parties or tv satelites or other space programs.
We've been able to create artificial gravity.
Why do people say this?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
26-02-2014, 09:12 AM
(26-02-2014 12:15 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:10 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Well he thinks earth is flat or it's a sphere and universe rotates around it?
This is supposed to be the "geocentric" theory [Image: image005.jpeg]

i.. just don't even....Facepalm i though that "Flat earthers" were stupid.. but geocentrism is a whole new level of stupidity&insanity.

It actually gets weirder. If you talk to a "sophisticated" geocentrist, they will tell you about Tycho Brahe's model:

[Image: BraheModel.gif]

The "everything revolves around the earth" model was thrown out centuries ago when we noticed the whole phases of Venus problem. Venus obviously revolves around the sun. That's not even up for debate. Enter Tycho's model. All the planets except the Earth revolve around the sun. The sun and the moon revolve around the Earth.

Now, of course, that's stupid and is proven wrong by gravity, but these people also don't believe in gravity either, so there's that.
26-02-2014, 09:14 AM
(26-02-2014 09:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:15 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  This is supposed to be the "geocentric" theory [Image: image005.jpeg]

i.. just don't even....Facepalm i though that "Flat earthers" were stupid.. but geocentrism is a whole new level of stupidity&insanity.

It actually gets weirder. If you talk to a "sophisticated" geocentrist, they will tell you about Tycho Brahe's model:

[Image: BraheModel.gif]

The "everything revolves around the earth" model was thrown out centuries ago when we noticed the whole phases of Venus problem. Venus obviously revolves around the sun. That's not even up for debate. Enter Tycho's model. All the planets except the Earth revolve around the sun. The sun and the moon revolve around the Earth.

Now, of course, that's stupid and is proven wrong by gravity, but these people also don't believe in gravity either, so there's that.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
That model is even more fucking funny!!
[Image: ross-laughing.gif]
26-02-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 12:21 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(26-02-2014 09:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  All the planets except the Earth revolve around the sun. The sun&moon revolve around the Earth.
As that just makes too much goddamn sense!!...
[Image: facepalm.gif]

I don't know why they even bothered to update their "Theory".

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
26-02-2014, 11:05 AM
(26-02-2014 11:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 09:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  .All the planets except the Earth revolve around the sun. The sun revolve around the Earth.
As that just makes too much goddamn sense!!...
[Image: facepalm.gif]

I don't know why they even bothered to update their "Theory".

[Image: dead-laughing-o.gif]
26-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Strangely enough that isn't where I snapped at the guy other than callin him an idiot.

Part of me is sad that these people are so self deluded. Then they try to shit all over science while benefiting from the very science they so damn and I get pissed.
26-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Yep. Existence exists, we know it exists and each thing possesses a specific identity. These are the three axioms that lie at the base of all knowledge. Existence needs no explanation, it is the explanation. You either accept it or you don't.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-02-2014, 02:56 PM
(26-02-2014 11:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I don't know why they even bothered to update their "Theory".

Because the phases of Venus problem invalidated the old one.

I was floored when I realized there are still people that believe this alive today. What's worse, is how smart they are. It's amazing the amount of effort they put into their pseudoscience to prove themselves right. I ran into this last fall at a Christian forum. It was too far out there for most of the regular Christian posters.