existance exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: existance exists
(25-02-2014 08:40 PM)natachan Wrote:  What I want theists to understand is that EXISTENCE EXISTS.

Prove it. This atheist dares you. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-02-2014, 07:14 PM
(26-02-2014 09:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:15 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  This is supposed to be the "geocentric" theory [Image: image005.jpeg]

i.. just don't even....Facepalm i though that "Flat earthers" were stupid.. but geocentrism is a whole new level of stupidity&insanity.

It actually gets weirder. If you talk to a "sophisticated" geocentrist, they will tell you about Tycho Brahe's model:

[Image: BraheModel.gif]

The "everything revolves around the earth" model was thrown out centuries ago when we noticed the whole phases of Venus problem. Venus obviously revolves around the sun. That's not even up for debate. Enter Tycho's model. All the planets except the Earth revolve around the sun. The sun and the moon revolve around the Earth.

Now, of course, that's stupid and is proven wrong by gravity, but these people also don't believe in gravity either, so there's that.
So...correct me if I'm wrong but according to this, eventually the sun would rotate into Mars? Even if I'm looking at this wrong just
[Image: 1_167882576.gif]

[Image: notagain.gif]
26-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Everyone shapes the world around them to their specific liking (according to their beliefs and superstitions, whether they are based on fact or not), thus there is no definitive "objective" point of view, there are only varying degrees of subjective points of view.

Thus, it does not bother me in the slightest when people come along with so-called "crazy" or "irrational" points of view, because I know that they are only doing what they are programmed to do; believe and find patterns that fit their beliefs.

No matter what the your beliefs are, everyone shares their biases that lean towards one individual perspective or the other, and we are not yet standing before the period in our evolution that allows us to rid ourselves of our subjective and egotistical needs.

Beliefs spring from ego, and ego is an animal inside you that wants to live, thus, it will latch onto anything that provides sustenance, and belief is a meaty meal.

And please know that even I am not exempt from this cycle of belief, and everything that I have illustrated in the aforementioned text was formed from a subjective point of view, so you may choose to believe me or not to (but your choice would be subjective too).

Tongue
26-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Getting a theist to see beyond their own delusions is not impossible, but it is very difficult.
You cannot change in one hour what has taken years to build up.

You have to chip away slowly and let them accept one point at a time. It's a tug of war.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
26-02-2014, 09:36 PM

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-02-2014, 07:14 AM
(26-02-2014 02:56 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Because the phases of Venus problem invalidated the old one.
Now that's really funny.. its like blowing off your arm with a shotgun and then putting on a bandaid XD lol

like wtf do they think about the actual size of the sun? even if you ignore gravity how the fuck can anything logically orbit something which isn't even 1/3 of its mass&density? makes no Goddamn sense and how the hell do they explain weather changes? only gravity explains it logically.. have these moronic fools even done the actual calculation of all their crazy planetary movements?? this is just ugh...Facepalm
Quote:What's worse, is how smart they are. It's amazing the amount of effort they put into their pseudoscience to prove themselves right.
They're more like royally ignorant&unwilling to consider dissenting opinions and actual fucking science.