exorcisms in early church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 01:26 PM
exorcisms in early church
http://books.google.es/books?id=9zCh9SBb...s&f=falseI was searching for an explication on how early christian exorcisms had an impact in pagan audience. They even admite that christians had magical powers. I tought that exorcisms were not effective...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: exorcisms in early church
(13-08-2014 01:26 PM)sophonian Wrote:  http://books.google.es/books?id=9zCh9SBb...s&f=falseI was searching for an explication on how early christian exorcisms had an impact in pagan audience. They even admite that christians had magical powers. I tought that exorcisms were not effective...

They aren't. Because the supernatural isn't real

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
13-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Deuteronomy 18:10
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Actually, the placebo effect may make exorcisms quite powerful.

Placebo controls, exorcism and the Devil

Doc
14-08-2014, 05:25 AM
(13-08-2014 02:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Deuteronomy 18:10
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft.

Driving out demons is different, cuz retconning.
14-08-2014, 06:10 AM
(13-08-2014 02:33 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Actually, the placebo effect may make exorcisms quite powerful.

Placebo controls, exorcism and the Devil

Doc

Exactly. That's what I say. When people say "Oh, it's just a placebo effect", I say "So what ? The devils are gone, right ?, (whatever happened, it appears to have worked).

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.