explain the miracle of Zeitoun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:24 PM by sophonian.)
explain the miracle of Zeitoun
It is said the Virgin appeared at Zeitoun. Some skeptics have trying to explain the miracle.

From wiki:

Critical evaluation of the events

Estimates of the number of observers of the event vary greatly. Thousands were said to have flocked to the Church after the first announced occurrences of the phenomenon. Some claim the apparitions were seen by millions. Other sources estimate the figure at around 250,000 in total. Cynthia Nelson [5] was a professor of anthropology at AUC (American University in Cairo) and the founding director of the Institute of Gender and Women's Studies. She visited the church site on several occasions including April 15, 1968, another week later near the end of April and on June 1, 1968. Despite the accounts of ongoing, if irregular, visitations by the Marian apparition, Cynthia Nelson documents seeing nothing other than a few 'intermittent flashes of light'.[6]

Cynthia Nelson and others [7] have put the Mary apparition in its context. The appearances came at a period of crisis in Egyptian history and served as a beacon of peace and unity to Egyptians of every creed.

Sociologists Robert Bartholomew and Erich Goode offer the Zeitoun apparitions as a prominent case of mass delusion:

“It appears that the Marian observers were predisposed by religious background and social expectation to interpreting the light displays as related to the Virgin Mary.”[8] "It is said virgin appeared to people at Zaitoun, Egypt. There are also some skeptics who have explained the aparition.

There are photos from the event. This is specially interesting, but looks like a religious image. I havent found any confirmation that it is an hoax. What do you think of this image and others?

http://yourdivineinspirations.net/wp-con...oun-05.jpg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: explain the miracle of Zeitoun
Looks like a drawing or a pic of a drawing. No doubt a very mundane explanation for whatever occurred. As a former Christian I always wondered why they were always seeing Mary. WTF? Does the bible even say Mary can venture between heaven and earth to the indoctrinated?
My Pentecostal upbringing would be inclined to say it was the devil.
Many would cite Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Zeitoun

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-09-2014, 05:12 PM
So the miracle was that people saw unexplained lights ? Whopdi fuckin doo !!

Were any homes built to house the homeless ?
Any meals made to feed the hungry ?
Any unexplained lights stopping any rapes or murders ?
No ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
08-09-2014, 05:24 PM
It is said the Virginia appeared at Zeitoun.

Blink

Did you mean to say viragoe?

virelay?

viregate?

vagary?

vagina?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
08-09-2014, 05:27 PM
I noticed it was always seen at night. Hummmm.

Talk to any lighting designer in any theatre department and you'll be amazed what light can do to. Even a simple outside light on a building can create amazing stuff and when confirmed by belief people will think it's real.

Here's a production of MacBeth with a fairly simple lighting effect. If you remove the people in the foreground the image of the light cascading downwards in the background looks Madonna-ish.

[Image: prodphoto5.MACBETH.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-09-2014, 05:44 PM
(08-09-2014 03:55 PM)sophonian Wrote:  It is said the Virginia appeared at Zeitoun. Some skeptics have trying to explain the miracle.

From wiki:

Critical evaluation of the events

Estimates of the number of observers of the event vary greatly. Thousands were said to have flocked to the Church after the first announced occurrences of the phenomenon. Some claim the apparitions were seen by millions. Other sources estimate the figure at around 250,000 in total. Cynthia Nelson [5] was a professor of anthropology at AUC (American University in Cairo) and the founding director of the Institute of Gender and Women's Studies. She visited the church site on several occasions including April 15, 1968, another week later near the end of April and on June 1, 1968. Despite the accounts of ongoing, if irregular, visitations by the Marian apparition, Cynthia Nelson documents seeing nothing other than a few 'intermittent flashes of light'.[6]

Cynthia Nelson and others [7] have put the Mary apparition in its context. The appearances came at a period of crisis in Egyptian history and served as a beacon of peace and unity to Egyptians of every creed.

Sociologists Robert Bartholomew and Erich Goode offer the Zeitoun apparitions as a prominent case of mass delusion:

“It appears that the Marian observers were predisposed by religious background and social expectation to interpreting the light displays as related to the Virgin Mary.”[8] "It is said virgin appeared to people at Zaitoun, Egypt. There are also some skeptics who have explained the aparition.

There are photos from the event. This is specially interesting, but looks like a religious image. I havent found any confirmation that it is an hoax. What do you think of this image and others?

http://yourdivineinspirations.net/wp-con...oun-05.jpg

That is not a credible picture; it is certainly not a photograph.

Do you find that convincing enough to actually require a refutation? Really?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2014, 06:17 PM
(08-09-2014 05:24 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  It is said the Virginia appeared at Zeitoun.

Blink

virelay?

viregate?

vagary?

vagina?

I was gonna say, States can't move lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-09-2014, 06:22 PM
(08-09-2014 06:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:24 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  It is said the Virginia appeared at Zeitoun.

Blink

virelay?

viregate?

vagary?

vagina?

I was gonna say, States can't move lol

I still have no idea what this is suppose to mean. Seems like another one of those. Look! An unexplained shapeless formless light or something being reflected off of something and someone stands up and says OMG! Its Mary! It has to be! Then everyone immediately agrees even if they were never there and start making up stories about what they "saw".

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
08-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Sorry my corrector in spanish did it again. I have already edited.

There is other images:
http://www.zeitun-eg.org/stmaridx.jpgSorry my corrector in spanish did it again.
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Relig...Egypt1.jpg
08-09-2014, 06:39 PM
in other news bigfoot found!

[Image: 1p9pwh.jpg]

[Image: qs4.png]

Blink

Drooling

Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post