explain the miracle of Zeitoun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: explain the miracle of Zeitoun
(08-09-2014 06:39 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  in other news bigfoot found!

[Image: 1p9pwh.jpg]

[Image: qs4.png]

Blink

Drooling

Laugh out load

Haha! Even though it's terrible evidence, the evidence in these videos is FAR better than a lot of these religious experiences- or any of the claims made in the bible for that matter!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Bah, that ain't God. This is God.

[Image: shekinah.jpg]

#sigh
08-09-2014, 07:06 PM
(08-09-2014 06:56 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 06:39 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  in other news bigfoot found!

[Image: 1p9pwh.jpg]

[Image: qs4.png]

Blink

Drooling

Laugh out load

Haha! Even though it's terrible evidence, the evidence in these videos is FAR better than a lot of these religious experiences- or any of the claims made in the bible for that matter!

Big Grin

I use the bigfoot analogy on them all the time, one of my favs.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
08-09-2014, 07:10 PM
(08-09-2014 03:55 PM)sophonian Wrote:  I havent found any confirmation that it is an hoax

If you wait around for evidence before disbelieving in something, you're going to end up believing in a lot of nonsense. See Russell's Teapot.

That's not how it works. Better to suspend belief in a given claim in lieu of compelling evidence, rather than accepting things because they haven't been refuted.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
08-09-2014, 07:23 PM
(08-09-2014 03:55 PM)sophonian Wrote:  There are photos from the event. This is specially interesting, but looks like a religious image. I havent found any confirmation that it is an hoax.

And I haven't found any confirmation that it is a miracle. Drinking Beverage

You are the one calling it a miracle - you must support that with evidence. Go ahead.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Oh for shit sakes the bitch is white as flour. Mary, if she existed at all, would have looked nothing like that. How do I know it's fake? Cause it is an image of a snow white Middle Eastern Jew.

How does this shit fool anyone?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
09-09-2014, 05:52 AM
(08-09-2014 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is not a credible picture; it is certainly not a photograph.

Do you find that convincing enough to actually require a refutation? Really?

Exactly. It's no different than me telling you that anywhere from a thousand to a million people saw a leprechaun, oh, and here's a pic:

[Image: Leprechaun_Sketch_by_CromeCre8ive.jpg]

Can you explain that?
09-09-2014, 05:57 AM
(09-09-2014 05:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is not a credible picture; it is certainly not a photograph.

Do you find that convincing enough to actually require a refutation? Really?

Exactly. It's no different than me telling you that anywhere from a thousand to a million people saw a leprechaun, oh, and here's a pic:

[Image: Leprechaun_Sketch_by_CromeCre8ive.jpg]

Can you explain that?

That's the virgin Mary though Consider She's in disguise. The bottle is baby Jesus, also in disguise...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-09-2014, 12:37 PM
(08-09-2014 03:55 PM)sophonian Wrote:  It is said the Virgin appeared at Zeitoun. Some skeptics have trying to explain the miracle.

From wiki:

Critical evaluation of the events

Estimates of the number of observers of the event vary greatly. Thousands were said to have flocked to the Church after the first announced occurrences of the phenomenon. Some claim the apparitions were seen by millions. Other sources estimate the figure at around 250,000 in total. Cynthia Nelson [5] was a professor of anthropology at AUC (American University in Cairo) and the founding director of the Institute of Gender and Women's Studies. She visited the church site on several occasions including April 15, 1968, another week later near the end of April and on June 1, 1968. Despite the accounts of ongoing, if irregular, visitations by the Marian apparition, Cynthia Nelson documents seeing nothing other than a few 'intermittent flashes of light'.[6]

Cynthia Nelson and others [7] have put the Mary apparition in its context. The appearances came at a period of crisis in Egyptian history and served as a beacon of peace and unity to Egyptians of every creed.

Sociologists Robert Bartholomew and Erich Goode offer the Zeitoun apparitions as a prominent case of mass delusion:

“It appears that the Marian observers were predisposed by religious background and social expectation to interpreting the light displays as related to the Virgin Mary.”[8] "It is said virgin appeared to people at Zaitoun, Egypt. There are also some skeptics who have explained the aparition.

There are photos from the event. This is specially interesting, but looks like a religious image. I havent found any confirmation that it is an hoax. What do you think of this image and others?

http://yourdivineinspirations.net/wp-con...oun-05.jpg
Not another one of these...

Please explain to me why this would even be true. There supposedly exists this omnipotent god who doesn't show himself to us and doesn't otherwise prove his existence to us. Conclusion: he doesn't want us to know that he exists. I mean why else hide like that? We are told our eternal destiny of bliss vs. torture depend on believing in this god. But how can we believe if we know?

But, on the other hand, he supposedly sends Mary to various places to communicate with us. If it's for real, surely the eyewitnesses will have seen enough to know. So does he or doesn't he want us to know? Consider

Regarding the image: Why does every "mysterious" picture of a woman in that style of dress have to be Mary?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
09-09-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 01:07 PM by Simon Moon.)
(08-09-2014 03:55 PM)sophonian Wrote:  There are photos from the event. This is specially interesting, but looks like a religious image. I havent found any confirmation that it is an hoax. What do you think of this image and others?

http://yourdivineinspirations.net/wp-con...oun-05.jpg

All I see in that image is a Disney Princess.

If there was a Jesus, he would have looked pretty much like this -

[Image: jesus-blog-2-300x267.jpg]

Do you really think that the female counterpart from that time and part of the world, would like like a white girl with a nose job?

The gullibility is strong with this one...
[+] 1 user Likes Simon Moon's post