facebook and the religious crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2016, 05:51 PM
facebook and the religious crap
Every single day I see any where from 10 to 30 posts about religion!!! So sick of it! I decided that every time I see something I'll post something about science that debunked their religion. So far I'm up to 8 but I haven't been up long. ;)

Let's see how long it will be before I start getting blasted!! Lmao
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: facebook and the religious crap
You can unfollow people.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-04-2016, 06:04 PM
(03-04-2016 06:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You can unfollow people.

I know but if I did that I'd have no friends and most is family. I just want then to get a taste of what they've been dishing out.
03-04-2016, 06:18 PM
(03-04-2016 06:04 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  

I know but if I did that I'd have no friends and most is family. I just want then to get a taste of what they've been dishing out.

I think you misunderstand unfollowing isn't like unfriending. Their posts just don't show up in your feed. You can still see their posts if you go directly to their page and comment. You remain fb friends with them. There are a few I see less from and remove the religious crap they post so Facebook software doesn't show me those. But I will see their family pictures or gatherings.

They have the compete right to post whatever they wish on their Facebook. You also have the same right.

No one can force anyone to read anything on Facebook.

I'm quite certain more than a few of my religious friends have "unfollowed" me when I posted a Sagan quote. I really don't care. The only reason I suspect that is that they never "like" anything I post anymore. Meh

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm sure you'll be called a bully while they ask why you can't just leave them alone.
03-04-2016, 06:30 PM
I don't often use Facebook but I just checked. After several logic puzzles, an article on how cool spinosaurs are, pictures of Jupiter's recent transit and somebody dressed as a lorax I have decided that I know far too many geeks for this to be a problem.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
03-04-2016, 06:50 PM
(03-04-2016 06:04 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  

No... Giving them a taste of their own would be if you posted completely false science.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-04-2016, 07:31 PM
I've pretty much weeded out all the religious crap from facebook by un-following. About the only stuff I see is from atheists and the couple atheist groups I joined.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-04-2016, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 07:40 PM by purpledaisies.)
(03-04-2016 06:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 06:04 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I know but if I did that I'd have no friends and most is family. I just want then to get a taste of what they've been dishing out.

No... Giving them a taste of their own would be if you posted completely false science.

That is true. However I still like the true stuff whether they give it or not.
As far as unfollowing I don't want to do that either as I'll miss out on all the neices and nephews and general family stuff. That's not fair to ask me to that just because we disagree on something. It's not about not wanting see them as much as it's about that I feel as though I can't post something ligit debunking religion without getting blasted. Even though they post all the religious crap they want. I'm not a hider I call them as I see them. If they want to unfollow that says a lot about them. But I will notet other dictate what I post if they are unwilling to let me dictate what they post. Someone needs to stand up to these bullying behaviors.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
03-04-2016, 07:39 PM
I do hide things from religious pages and sites and things like that. But if it's a family member or a close friend I won't unfollow them. Besides I don't judge people based on their beliefs. It's the person and I like/love everyone on my Facebook or they wouldn't be there.
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post