facebook and the religious crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: facebook and the religious crap
(03-04-2016 07:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I do hide things from religious pages and sites and things like that. But if it's a family member or a close friend I won't unfollow them. Besides I don't judge people based on their beliefs. It's the person and I like/love everyone on my Facebook or they wouldn't be there.

Then what was the point of this?

(03-04-2016 06:04 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I just want then to get a taste of what they've been dishing out.

As, I've already pointed out, you can still "see" them. Just not all the time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 08:40 PM
The point was/is that they post what they want but I can't. And it's not always from a site or someone else. Not to mention some was a rant. But I have and I will continue to post things if I feel strongly about just like everyone else does. It's just that I seem to be blasted for it and no one else is.
Perhaps we just look at things a little different as I've always been big on what good for you should be good for everyone else too. And I call people out on it. Someone has too which is how we get change.
03-04-2016, 10:26 PM
I think it's hilarious.
04-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Personally, I just don't use facebook (disabled my account five years ago). As it turns out I just don't fucking care about the opinions or breakfasts of old school acquaintances or distant relations.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
04-04-2016, 08:47 AM
I've always found that people who post political and/or religious stuff, but ESPECIALLY religious stuff, are generally oblivious to the possibility that someone would interpret it as a direct statement and take the time to disagree or make a counter-argument.
04-04-2016, 05:59 PM
(03-04-2016 06:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You can unfollow people.

That's exactly what I do. I have plenty of beloved family members who are super religious. If their postings get to be a bit much, I simply unfollow them to keep that crap off my feed. I do the same thing for super political family members.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2016, 01:28 AM
(04-04-2016 08:38 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Personally, I just don't use facebook (disabled my account five years ago). As it turns out I just don't fucking care about the opinions or breakfasts of old school acquaintances or distant relations.

Just having this before workWink[Image: th?&id=OIP.M95f1948b3414990d8550...mp;amp;r=0]
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyOdoors's post
05-04-2016, 02:21 AM
(05-04-2016 01:28 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 08:38 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Personally, I just don't use facebook (disabled my account five years ago). As it turns out I just don't fucking care about the opinions or breakfasts of old school acquaintances or distant relations.

Just having this before workWink[Image: th?&id=OIP.M95f1948b3414990d8550...mp;amp;r=0]

Now I'm hungry Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-04-2016, 06:40 AM
(05-04-2016 01:28 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  

I got the shits just looking at it. Hobo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-04-2016, 09:01 AM
facebook and the religious crap
(03-04-2016 06:30 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I don't often use Facebook but I just checked. After several logic puzzles, an article on how cool spinosaurs are, pictures of Jupiter's recent transit and somebody dressed as a lorax I have decided that I know far too many geeks for this to be a problem.

I think you're confusing with LinkedIn.