facepalm moment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
facepalm moment
I had this facepalm moment, where I litteraly facepalmed:
I'm in the IDF, and my colonel, who commands a unit of about 300-400 soldiers, was giving a speech.
At one point he taled about an idea from the jewish kabbalah ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah) which says something along the lines of:
Reality is composed of letters, which can be seen and even manipulated once you learn enough kabbalah, thus influencing reality through the rearrangement of these mystirious letters.
Of course, if you're not trained in jewdaism and kabbalah, these letters are invisible and transparant to you, conveniently.

I litteraly facepalmed!
The man is a colonel, has a majors degree in engineering, and there he is saying in a formal capacity he believes that "the Matrix" is real!

Thats my story, just felt the need to vent.

Keep the faith,
Avi.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to
believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like avrahams1's post
10-07-2012, 09:09 AM
RE: facepalm moment
Are you saying it's not real?!?!?!
What the...!

10-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Yes, you don't know it's all a code? The true name of God that can unlock all the answers that the top Rabbi's somehow forgot?

It's all in that bible code nonsense or mentioned in media such as the film PI.

Or you can see it's huey and do like the Jehovah's witnesses who claim to have God's real name... because nothing says God's real name like a German from the middle ages mixing the name of Yhwh and Jupiter/Jove.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-07-2012, 09:24 AM
(10-07-2012 09:20 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Or you can see it's huey and do like the Jehovah's witnesses who claim to have God's real name... because nothing says God's real name like a German from the middle ages mixing the name of Yhwh and Jupiter/Jove.
I always wondered. Thanks!
10-07-2012, 09:29 AM
(10-07-2012 09:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you saying it's not real?!?!?!
What the...!

I'm sure that if you study enough bronze-age crap you'll haluconate the matrix... its just that I didn't expect to hear this crap in the military!

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to
believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams
10-07-2012, 09:50 AM
(10-07-2012 09:29 AM)avrahams1 Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 09:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you saying it's not real?!?!?!
What the...!

I'm sure that if you study enough bronze-age crap you'll haluconate the matrix... its just that I didn't expect to hear this crap in the military!

The crap is everywhere you look.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-07-2012, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 10:33 AM by Vlad.)
Where do you serve, Abraham? Fortunately my unit isn't religious (I serve in the military police, working closely with prison 4) at all, I don't recall anyone wearing a Kippa or anything like that except for some girls. Some of the others are secular but still believe in god.

We were watching "Mirrors" one night, and one of the guys said, "you guys have no idea how much power a man possessed by an evil spirit has" when they started talking about seance. Then my roommates talked about how a dove came into the room while they were in the middle of the shiv'ah - omg so mysterious and godly!
[+] 1 user Likes Vlad's post
10-07-2012, 11:47 AM
(10-07-2012 10:30 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Where do you serve, Abraham? Fortunately my unit isn't religious (I serve in the military police, working closely with prison 4) at all, I don't recall anyone wearing a Kippa or anything like that except for some girls. Some of the others are secular but still believe in god.

We were watching "Mirrors" one night, and one of the guys said, "you guys have no idea how much power a man possessed by an evil spirit has" when they started talking about seance. Then my roommates talked about how a dove came into the room while they were in the middle of the shiv'ah - omg so mysterious and godly!
Your unit may not be religious, but it sounds like the soldiers are.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2012, 12:28 PM
(10-07-2012 09:06 AM)avrahams1 Wrote:  Reality is composed of letters, which can be seen and even manipulated once you learn enough kabbalah, thus influencing reality through the rearrangement of these mystirious letters.
Of course, if you're not trained in jewdaism and kabbalah, these letters are invisible and transparant to you, conveniently.

I litteraly facepalmed!
The man is a colonel, has a majors degree in engineering, and there he is saying in a formal capacity he believes that "the Matrix" is real!

Thats my story, just felt the need to vent.

Keep the faith,
Avi.
Haha, thanks for sharing. I guess I learned something new today. Big Grin

Cypher: The Matrix? Yeah.
Neo: Do you always look at it encoded?
Cypher:
Well you have to. The image translators work for the construct program.
But there's way too much information to decode the Matrix. You get used
to it. I, I don't even see the code. All I see is blonde, brunette,
redhead. Hey, you eh, want a drink?
10-07-2012, 12:37 PM
(10-07-2012 11:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 10:30 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Where do you serve, Abraham? Fortunately my unit isn't religious (I serve in the military police, working closely with prison 4) at all, I don't recall anyone wearing a Kippa or anything like that except for some girls. Some of the others are secular but still believe in god.

Your unit may not be religious, but it sounds like the soldiers are.
I wouldn't call them religious. They believe in Yahweh, but they don't do shit with their belief. They don't go to church, they don't observe the Shabbath, etc. except for the girls I mentioned before.