RE: fare thee well
We'll leave the light on Smooth... Sadcryface

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 08:16 PM
(18-12-2013 08:11 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 08:06 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Why are people leaving?

People come and go for different reasons. Some just take breaks and come back. Some depart and we never see them again.

In smooth's case I hope that it's just a break.

I know, but when people announce their departure it's a statement , different from somebody just getting bored or loosing interest or something like that.
It has to be more than that, even if they are not saying.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
18-12-2013, 08:19 PM
She is leaving because she couldn't handle some of the things being posted emotionally. Her skin isn't thick enough to handle everything. She likes most everyone here and all, she just felt this place wasn't for her.

Also, it has absolutely nothing to do with the mafia games. I know some people may jump to that conclusion, but I assure you that is not the case.

18-12-2013, 08:21 PM
(18-12-2013 08:16 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 08:11 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  People come and go for different reasons. Some just take breaks and come back. Some depart and we never see them again.

In smooth's case I hope that it's just a break.

I know, but when people announce their departure it's a statement , different from somebody just getting bored or loosing interest or something like that.
It has to be more than that, even if they are not saying.

You may be right. Some just drop off and others let us know. Maybe, they feel a sense of community and want to let us know. Unless they state why they are leaving (some do) I figure they don't want to say why.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm gonna miss that smile. Sad

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-12-2013, 08:32 PM
(18-12-2013 08:19 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  She is leaving because she couldn't handle some of the things being posted emotionally. Her skin isn't thick enough to handle everything. She likes most everyone here and all, she just felt this place wasn't for her.

I felt this same way when I left the first time. I found this place because of the TTA podcast. Seth's tone and the way he treats subjects and other people can be very different than what happens here on the boards. Seth is a kind and gentle soul on his podcasts. And once you realize that the two really have nothing to do with each other (seth & the boards) you realize that this isn't the place you were looking for.

6 months away, hurts forgotten, and a realization that this isn't the place I first expected have made this visit more tolerable.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
18-12-2013, 08:33 PM
It just saddens me to see good people leave. I don't want to bum people further, but that means that this community failed her.
That's how I feel at least.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
18-12-2013, 08:36 PM
(18-12-2013 07:49 PM)smoothcriminal Wrote:  I'm leaving the forum. So take care and it was nice talking to some of y'all.

Peace out!

Can't we keep you and ditch DL? Wink

Hope you have a lovely holiday. I'll miss you and hope you return.

Hugs!

When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way
It's hard to make believe you're happy when you're gray
Baby, when you're feelin' like you'll never see the mornin' light
Come to me..Baby, you'll see -- The Four Seasons

18-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Goodbye smooth,eventho we haven't conversed that much,i'll miss you....please come back at some time in the future...

Allright,wich fucker is responsible for her departure? Dodgy Lets fuck up the idiot! Angry Angry

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....