fare thee well

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: fare thee well
(18-12-2013 08:33 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  but that means that this community failed her.
I wouldn't agree with that. If she desired to limit what she read or who she spoke to she could have. This community "failing" her seems to say that this community has done something "wrong". which I don't believe it has. This community is organic, and only lightly moderated, so I can see how the creature of the TTA forums may not be to her liking. But that isn't the creature's fault.

As a note to SmoothCriminal, I have no idea who you are really, but I hope you aren't going through any troubles. Online communities aren't something you need to stick with if they aren't useful for you. I've also left two other atheist communities because they didn't feel like the right fit (either super judgmental people, or stupid power politics going on). I find this community to be fairly open minded on average. I enjoy my time here. If you don't feel the same, I don't imagine anybody will have hard feelings about it. Although, you will obviously be missed by others (as they have stated above).

As an extra note: One thing I've given up on is everybody (or even the majority) feeling or thinking about things like I do. Just noting that in case you are leaving because seeing other people's views on subjects has bothered you.

So...Adios!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
18-12-2013, 09:03 PM
We have your husband strapped to the Naughty Chair! Leave now and he gets 1000 volts of electricity, monkey feces hurled at him, slapped with a wet fish and then Girly will sit on him! Your call.

Nah, not really Big Grin

Sorry you're going Sad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
18-12-2013, 09:11 PM
(18-12-2013 08:46 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  If she desired to limit what she read or who she spoke to she could have.

In my experience, that is an acquired skill. For some it's worth the effort, for others it's not.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-12-2013, 09:53 PM
(18-12-2013 09:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 08:46 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  If she desired to limit what she read or who she spoke to she could have.
In my experience, that is an acquired skill. For some it's worth the effort, for others it's not.
I s'pose so, never thought about it Thumbsup.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.