father in law (YEC)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: father in law (YEC)
(06-01-2015 06:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I must have just tuned out the YEC stuff over the years because it wasn't till I came here that I learned it's really a thing. Blink

Me too. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 07:09 PM
(06-01-2015 03:43 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 03:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Tell him to read the 11th Tablet of Gilgamesh. Then ask him what are the odds the VERY SAME story, with the VERY SAME elements would have come from Babylon BEFORE the date he gives. http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/meso...gilgamesh/

I just emailed him using gilgamesh as an example before you posted this.

Talking to indoctrinated religious nuts it like talking to cement and expecting it to unmix itself.

Recently I had an online discussion with some guy about the flood and Mt Everest and the guy was going on about fossils of sea creatures being found on the top Everest was evidence for the flood. I countered with Mt. Everest being at one time, millions of years ago, under water. He wanted proof which I provided and which he countered that the earth is 10,000 years old so my proof was wrong. Facepalm

Anyway, this went back and forth and since he didn't believe in science I thought I'd try a different approach and show him the medical advancements using Evolutionary Biology to tackle cancer. I also posted information about the Genome Project, BRCA1 and BRCA2 breast cancer genes, all proof of evolution. So when I posted information of medical use of evolution he paused.......oh, for half a second......then went back to his confirmation bias and simply rejected everything.

Like I said, he was comfortable in his block of cement. So frustrating. Beat_stick

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3352411/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-01-2015, 07:15 PM
(06-01-2015 07:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  fossils of sea creatures being found on the top Everest was evidence for the flood

They walked up there. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-01-2015, 07:20 PM
(06-01-2015 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 07:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  fossils of sea creatures being found on the top Everest was evidence for the flood

Satan scattered them around to deceive us. Duh.
06-01-2015, 09:45 PM
(06-01-2015 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Nope. The flood water covered Mt Everest, you dummies. Don't you know anything? Geesh! Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.