favorite actor/actress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2011, 02:05 PM
favorite actor/actress
Not necessarily the best but your favorite and why. A buddy of mine and I had this discussion a while back and I thought it was pretty interesting so I would like to see other people's opinions.

At first I was going to go with Denzel Washington. I really enjoyed Man on Fire and Training Day but Denzel always seems to play the same character. My ultimate conclusion was Tom Hanks. From serious roles like Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, The Green Mile, Apollo 13, Philadelphia Story and Forrest Gump to less serious roles like Toy Story, The Burbs, and the Money Pit. He has played a variety of characters that include the mysterious captain of a WWII squad, a mentally deficient man who experiences more in one lifetime than some generations, a gay man with AIDS and a talking cowboy toy. He has great range and has made some really great movies.

What you got?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 02:59 PM

RE: favorite actor/actress
I'd have to go for Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.

Why Johnny?
The guy is mental (in a good sense). He can play any role without sweating and brings his own tasty and peculiar eccentricity in the characters he portrays. Arizona Dream, The Ninth Gate, Pirates of the Caribbean! <3 Johnny!

Why Angelina?
I like her freaky personality in combination with her humanitarian notions. She can put herself aside to pursue things that are alien, new or incomprehensible to her. She is an explorer of culture and smart enough to see beyond what her eyes perceive! <3 Angelina!

Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Johnny Depp is a good choice. I hate musicals but I love Sweeney Todd.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
24-05-2011, 05:32 PM

I like Sophia Bush. But that's cause she's a babe.
24-05-2011, 05:54 PM

Johnny Depp is a great actor. However, my favorite is Gary Oldman. I swear, and he says any actor that tells you this is a liar, but he becomes the character. I always look into the eyes of an actor on screen, to see if he's genuinely into the character he/she is playing. Gary Oldman is right there. I love it.

I watched him in, "True Romance" where he played a drug dealer and all around heartless bastard Drexl Spivey. Amazing! It didn't even look like him. Nor did it sound anything like the very proper Englishman that he is.

My favorite movie of GO's is, "Bram Stokers Dracula". Talk about morphing into the character. Awesome movie. Love Gary Oldman. I think it was that movie that garnered him his first and only Oscar nomination, though he has yet to win one. Which is really of little importance, as anyone who knows his work, which includes the Christian Bale Batman franchise as Commissioner Gordon and the Harry Potter series as Sirius Black, knows he doesn't need a statue in order to prove he's golden on screen. Big GrinHeart
24-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Edward Norton Jr. and Nicole Kidman... don't know why...

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
Dana Gould
25-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't think I have favourites. I like most actors and actresses fairly well. I have least favourites though.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2011, 04:18 PM

(25-05-2011 03:05 PM)Bezo Wrote:  I don't think I have favourites. I like most actors and actresses fairly well. I have least favourites though.
Oh cool, I foresee another thread coming up. Tongue

Nicolas Cage
26-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Probably Jack Nicholson. He's just so intriguing to watch on camera. His acting is mesmerizing.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favorite Atheist Celebrity? Virgo Supercluster 15 253 07-05-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Top 10 Favorite Movies TheHappyAtheist15 34 2,787 18-04-2014 09:23 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Favorite movie/movies of all time! Crulax 10 298 11-02-2014 09:55 AM
Last Post: Grasshopper
  Your favorite Disney moments BrokenQuill92 8 217 10-02-2014 02:56 PM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Favorite horror films Smercury44 23 702 09-11-2013 01:57 PM
Last Post: Can_of_Beans
  favorite movie? Vaughan 42 3,141 26-10-2013 01:19 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  You favorite discontinued/canceled series/movies Filox 51 2,054 06-07-2013 10:13 PM
Last Post: Julius