favourite TV Shows throughout the years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 04:48 AM
I would like to compare a little Big Grin
That basically means from childhood until now

I start:

Before I start I have to mention, I was allowed 1 hour per day. I would chose and my mom would always watch with me.

5 y o: The Smurfs, Sesame Street
6, 7 y o: The Smurfs, Pipi Langstrumpf, Pumukl, Gummybears, Logo (News show for children)
8, 9 y o: The Smurfs, Pipi Langstrumpf, Pumukl, Logo

I was now allowed to watch a little more:
10, 11 y o: The Smurfs, Pipi Langstrumpf, Pumukl, Spaceship Enterprise, X Files, Little House in the Prearie
12 +: The Smurfs, Star Treck (all of it!), X Files, Outer Limits, and Soap Operas, Little House in the Prearie
15 +: Star Treck (all of it!), X Files, Outer Limits, Sliders, and Soap Operas, Little House in the Prearie
18 +: Star Treck (all of it!), X Files, Outer Limits, Sliders, BBC documentaries, Documentaries in General, Hund, Katze, Maus (Show about animals and made by a vet)

Era of no TV:
21 +: Stopped watching TV most of the time, but finding out about youtube!!!!
24 +: Stopped watching TV alltogether, and not watching series on the internet either
28: Still not watching TV but having other ressources for series, therefore: House MD, Walking Dead, Star Treck, Outer Limits, Sliders, X Files, Documentaries, Cheers, and in general everything that looks interesting to me.

Now you

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 04:57 AM
RE: favourite TV Shows throughout the years
(14-12-2012 04:48 AM)Leela Wrote:  Pipi Langstrumpf
How about Emil i Lönneberga? I think it was rather well-made. Though I only saw it as an adult. But grew up with the books (still read them to this day. All of them.).

Sorry for this aside, but I love Astrid Lindgren SO much.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Yes, he was great, too! Didn't watch him too much though. and yes Astrid Lindgren was a great writer! I actually visited "Astrid Lingren Land" in Sweden, when I was 14 haha

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
14-12-2012, 05:25 AM
(14-12-2012 05:09 AM)Leela Wrote:  Yes, he was great, too! Didn't watch him too much though. and yes Astrid Lindgren was a great writer! I actually visited "Astrid Lingren Land" in Sweden, when I was 14 haha
Cool! I lived there for one year and never visited. But felt so sad when she died. (The Brothers Lionheart is my most most favourite book. Not just by her, but possibly in general Heart )

14-12-2012, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 06:54 AM by Filox.)
Leela:
[Image: double-facepalm1.jpg&sa=X&am...l_AGysgYVg]

Star TREK! TREKKKKK! There is no "C" in Star Trek, Leela, my dear trekkie.

Tongue

24!

24 is the series of my life. Lost is ... hmmm... 24 or Lost, which one is my favorite? Lost. 24. Damn! Oh no, it's Rescue me.

I have no idea how it went through my years, when I was younger, I watched a lot of cartoons, but I was never into series, I was just watching what was on. Until Star Trek came, then I would stay and watch it, but I didn't appreciate the show until I was older, I was watching it because it was on and it was space, the final frontier...

First series I remember watching were Transformers. It was on SkyOne and I was fortunate enough to catch that program on my cable, so that was my first English lessons as well. That is also the reason I am a huge fan of these new movies.

One of the first series I followed and appreciated was Rescue me. That shit was like a glue to me, first one I saw, I was glued.

Then Lost started coming out and I realized what it means to be addicted to a TV show. Never have I ever been so addicted to a show like Lost. Never was I ever so mad and angry when it was finished, because it didn't finish as I wanted/hoped.

Then I caught a bit of 24 on TV and I downloaded the rest from the interwebs. I fell in love with the show immediately. That shit was epic and Jack Bauer is the next Chuck Norris.

Around my 18th birthday (so, before these 3 shows), while I was still into anime, Berserk anime came out, the 25 episode series. That shit gives me headache even today, because I have stared following the manga comic after the show and now I am fucked and left at a mercy of the maker who makes the next issue as slow as he can. And he can be slow as fuck.

Also, one of the first series I DL'd was Carnivale. I have no idea how I came by this series, but it was epic all the way until they decided to cancel it and never bring it back.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
14-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Speed Racer, Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Star Trek, My Favorite Martian, Munsters, Addams Family, Wild Wild West, Get Smart, Batman, Adam 12, Emergency, Happy Days, Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Carol Burnett Show, Bob Newhart Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Sanford and Son, Welcome Back Kotter, Hawaii 5-0...

I really didn't watch much tv. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Buffy! Buffy! Buffy! Big Grin

That is so much my fav show like Gwynnie my fav thing. Thumbsup

...and Leela, Star Treck, what a fucking n00b. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-12-2012, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 01:25 PM by Vera.)
Didn't watch much TV as a kid, but the ones I do remember are Verano Azul (man, that was huge), Ninja Turtles (yeah, I know) and Captain Planet (I know, I know).

I don't watch TV now, but watch a lot of stuff on my PC and laptop. Most favourite probably are Rubicon (curse those BASTARDS at AMC!) ReGenesis, X-Files, (first five seasons of, haven't seen the latest) Supernatural (Quite enjoyed a Canadian series called The Collector, but was still religious then, so...), Wonderfalls is pretty cool, too.

As for the comedies, well, where do I start? Well, QI, obvs., Monty Python, Blackadder, Black Books, Newsradio, most everything from the peeps behind Cheers... and several others. I do watch a lot of stuff, don't I Weeping

14-12-2012, 01:22 PM
(14-12-2012 06:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Star TREK! TREKKKKK! There is no "C" in Star Trek, Leela, my dear trekkie.

(14-12-2012 09:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and Leela, Star Treck, what a fucking n00b. Tongue

>>> Star Trek <<<
Happy now?
Woh craes abuot spleling, if teh sohw is graet.... Dodgy

14-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Oh, I almost forgot! The very first series that got me hooked on watching stuff on my computer, was Third Watch. Man, I would watch episode after episode (it was over by the time I came across it, so I could watch them one after the other, after the other, after the other...).

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post