feeling down and overwhelmed lately

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
feeling down and overwhelmed lately
Trying to keep my chin up, but its getting tough lately. Lots of little stresses, lots of things sucking loads of money out of a dry bank account, relatives dying, kids always have some sort of drama going on. Its just been hard. I don't think there's much anyone can do unless you want to mail me a few thousand to ease the burden Wink Its just life. Just shit that happens.

chipped my front teeth. Need crowns. got temporary crowns. 3 days later they started to crack, went to dentist first thing in morning. He tried to use super dentist glue. By lunch time I was returning for new temporary crowns. Can't bite ANY THING for 12 weeks. Have to wear a retainer to move lower teeth back to correct bite problem.

$$$$

house that we are selling is supposed to close later this week. We are already losing money on this deal and will be bringing money to the table. Just got the inspection report. Gas leak in attic to repair….there goes another $400 into the abyss. And the buyer can still choose to walk.

kids- soccer photos, book fair, school fundraiser, halloween costumes, decorations and a thousand other ways they bleed $ out of you.

The storage unit where we have many things is a disaster waiting to happen. Every time I go there, the sliding doors are broken, upkeep is less and less. Someone got in the building in the middle of the night, sprayed the fire extinguishers over the tops of the units and all that shit went inside. Trying to empty it out myself but its a ton of crap, that I wish my family would just let go of.

dog- a few weeks ago decided to collapse for no apparent reason- spent night at emergency vet, a week of meds, another $1000

my uncle died yesterday in PA. my cousin is circling the drain in TX right now. She is young (50's) battling cancer. The cancer won. And the poor thing is worried about God not accepting her into heaven because she's gay, and did drugs and drank a lot. And I really wish there was something I could do/say to ease her pain….but there isn't.

I'm sure there's more on my plate, and I am probably forgetting it, and it will catch up with me later in a panicked rush.

sigh.

and I've already started on the Halloween candy to medicate, so now my fat ass is getting bigger. yay.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: feeling down and overwhelmed lately
Wow
Ill just give you a big big ((((hug))))

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Sometimes life just feels this way....

It sucks butt.

I hate, hate, hate the dentist. I hate crowns...

I empathize totally. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Sorry Bows. That is a ton of stuff.

Hug

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
06-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Oh, boy. You need some alone time at a quiet place to unfrazzle.

Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
First a Hug

Second and exorcism Lecture_preistLecture_preist

Third another Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
06-10-2014, 03:53 PM
(06-10-2014 11:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Trying to keep my chin up, but its getting tough lately. Lots of little stresses, lots of things sucking loads of money out of a dry bank account, relatives dying, kids always have some sort of drama going on. Its just been hard. I don't think there's much anyone can do unless you want to mail me a few thousand to ease the burden Wink Its just life. Just shit that happens.

chipped my front teeth. Need crowns. got temporary crowns. 3 days later they started to crack, went to dentist first thing in morning. He tried to use super dentist glue. By lunch time I was returning for new temporary crowns. Can't bite ANY THING for 12 weeks. Have to wear a retainer to move lower teeth back to correct bite problem.

$$$$

house that we are selling is supposed to close later this week. We are already losing money on this deal and will be bringing money to the table. Just got the inspection report. Gas leak in attic to repair….there goes another $400 into the abyss. And the buyer can still choose to walk.

kids- soccer photos, book fair, school fundraiser, halloween costumes, decorations and a thousand other ways they bleed $ out of you.

The storage unit where we have many things is a disaster waiting to happen. Every time I go there, the sliding doors are broken, upkeep is less and less. Someone got in the building in the middle of the night, sprayed the fire extinguishers over the tops of the units and all that shit went inside. Trying to empty it out myself but its a ton of crap, that I wish my family would just let go of.

dog- a few weeks ago decided to collapse for no apparent reason- spent night at emergency vet, a week of meds, another $1000

my uncle died yesterday in PA. my cousin is circling the drain in TX right now. She is young (50's) battling cancer. The cancer won. And the poor thing is worried about God not accepting her into heaven because she's gay, and did drugs and drank a lot. And I really wish there was something I could do/say to ease her pain….but there isn't.

I'm sure there's more on my plate, and I am probably forgetting it, and it will catch up with me later in a panicked rush.

sigh.

and I've already started on the Halloween candy to medicate, so now my fat ass is getting bigger. yay.

someday I will write a book....nah, who would want to read that crap. For so many years i got drop kicked over and over with major shit and I got so down I just felt like I had a huge black cloud over my head with little lightning bolts shooting out of it.....looking back, some of it was self caused, some of it was just bad luck, some of it was just bad timing, some of it was just life taking a huge crap on my chest. I became overly cautious and overly analytical, trying to prevent crises rather than fix the chaos after the crisis...forced to file bankruptcy twice, buried two children and my wife, lost everything I had, lost both of my best friends in Iraq on mission, one was 10 feet away from me when a sniper took his head off....blah blah blah....I used to hurt so much I wanted to just die, especially after my kids died, but I lack that ism, that ability to just quit....so I learned to apply perspective on everything...who was I to feel bad about my shitty life when others had it so much worse? I learned to extract myself from anything negative, friends, the news on tv, a pessimistic co-worker, movies, books etc...anything negative, had to get away from me, because i would get sucked into it and start slipping again.

Then I started trying to find positive books to read, movies to watch, picked positive friends, became distant from negative family members (easy when you are navy and refuse to ever have a facebook account), started working out like a mad man (cheap therapy, to tired to be pissed off after a 2 hour beating in the gym)...and got my shit together, found my current wife, focused on the things that matter, regained perfect credit, got promoted many times at work, got commissioned, etc.... I learned to love like everyday is my last day, because it may be......

the point to this over long dramatic soul cleansing is to point out that, 1) you are loved and respected by absolute strangers, how cool is that? 2) you have a family that loves you, 3) life is like a roller coaster, after every hill comes a easy drop....life is such a pain in the ass, except that it is the also the most amazing thing...Take a long bubble bath, have a glass of wine, smile in the knowledge that you have made a difference to many, and rest easy knowing that this too shall pass, and you will be hitting another good stretch before you know it...best wishes..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM
What can we\i do to help, Bows???

((Hug))

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
07-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Thank you GwG! I needed the pep talk. Heart Find the positive.

I needed hugs and comfort and all of you provided. Thank you! Here's a hug right back at ya. Hug

Find the positive…..

house-- closing is supposed to happen on Thursday, I can turn off my phone and email until then and just ignore anything that I am not contractually obligated to deal with. And even if it all falls thru and this buyer walks, I already have plan B in place - just need to flip the switch and it will be ready to go with a property manager. It was up for a week with them when an offer came in, so they put it in 'hold' status until it actually closes.

Uncle- donated his body for science. No funeral expenses and doctors in the future will have a real body to learn from. My brother is dealing with his property and estate and I don't have to do anything except sign a few papers. He left more headaches than assets and the ones he did have he wants to give to his girlfriend. They were in their 70's. Fine with me.

Teeth & fat ass-- eating more yogurt because I can't really bite anything. Will be much easier to remember once the device for my lower teeth arrives. (it had to be molded and sent to a lab). The weather has finally cooled off so now the mosquitos are less and walking outside is much, much more enjoyable.

Been working with the kids getting home alone after school. Hoping to go back to work soon, but some details still needed to work out.

ok, that's all the positive I have at the moment.

I just need to breathe…..and not talk to my Realtor.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post