feeling down and overwhelmed lately

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 06:13 AM
RE: feeling down and overwhelmed lately
(07-10-2014 06:04 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Thank you GwG! I needed the pep talk. Heart Find the positive.

I needed hugs and comfort and all of you provided. Thank you! Here's a hug right back at ya. Hug

Find the positiveā€¦..

house-- closing is supposed to happen on Thursday, I can turn off my phone and email until then and just ignore anything that I am not contractually obligated to deal with. And even if it all falls thru and this buyer walks, I already have plan B in place - just need to flip the switch and it will be ready to go with a property manager. It was up for a week with them when an offer came in, so they put it in 'hold' status until it actually closes.

Uncle- donated his body for science. No funeral expenses and doctors in the future will have a real body to learn from. My brother is dealing with his property and estate and I don't have to do anything except sign a few papers. He left more headaches than assets and the ones he did have he wants to give to his girlfriend. They were in their 70's. Fine with me.

Teeth & fat ass-- eating more yogurt because I can't really bite anything. Will be much easier to remember once the device for my lower teeth arrives. (it had to be molded and sent to a lab). The weather has finally cooled off so now the mosquitos are less and walking outside is much, much more enjoyable.

Been working with the kids getting home alone after school. Hoping to go back to work soon, but some details still needed to work out.

ok, that's all the positive I have at the moment.

I just need to breatheā€¦..and not talk to my Realtor.

That sounds good - glad you can see it all clearly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Hang in there! Find something positive - even if it's "Well, I didn't eat any Creme Brulee today" or something silly. Baby steps, left - right - left - right.....

HugHug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
07-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Sounds like you got a lot on your plate. I know how kids can drain the bank. I got three in private school and all are in band. I just bought the middle one a French horn, not a cheap instrument. Football/festival season is extremely expensive. Games on Friday, festival on Saturday, lots of road food and gas for the car. They love it. The kids wonder why I continue to drive my 6 year old Mazda 3 and talk about keeping it for 4+ more years.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
07-10-2014, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 06:47 PM by Anjele.)
Lots of hugs Bows.

Seems that most of us go through periods in our lives that are one scoop of shit piled on top of another - and on and on - then someone turns on a giant fan and blows it all over us.

I suppose I could say that Gawd doesn't give you more than you can handle or whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I am not ready for an arrow through the heart.

When I went through a really brutal period some years ago I finally started buying comedy CDs. When driving my brain had become stuck in a few loops that just wouldn't stop. So I listened to Lewis Black and old Carlin and Eddie Izzard and others. It was a way to redirect my thoughts so that everything wasn't dark and sad and miserable. Later, a therapist told me that proved I had good coping skills.

Find what it is that diverts your thoughts even if it's just for a short time.

And just keep telling yourself - one foot in front of the other - you can't get through the shit if you are standing still.

More hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Don't really have any advice, but hang in there. Like others have said, this too shall pass. Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-10-2014, 10:13 AM
SOLD!

The house from hell is no longer my problem. One giant problem off my plate. Big Grin

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 9 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
My cousin in TX died last night from cancer, she was 53.

Sad

now the 10,000 messages of prayers

12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Sorry to hear that. Cyber hug.
12-10-2014, 12:18 PM
(12-10-2014 11:40 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My cousin in TX died last night from cancer, she was 53.

Sad

now the 10,000 messages of prayers

Sorry hon
(Hug)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
12-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Its Sunday, nothing important on the to do list. Just sorting some boxes, posting some unwanted items for sale, and guzzling down a nice bottle of dessert wine.

this too shall pass. thanks y'all

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post