#feelingblessed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 06:03 PM by sounsure.)
#feelingblessed
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2882]

So my very over the top religious cousin just posted this on facebook... and it's one of those things about clueless, 1st world, sheltered, overly religious people that claws at me. Yes children are starving to death, women are getting raped, and god blessed your candy crush game... My family thinks that I am too proud to come unto jesus, yet I don't think that GOD is blessing my candy crush game while ignoring babies being raped. *Sigh* Please post similar stories if you have them so I know I'm not face-palming alone.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like sounsure's post
07-08-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: #feelingblessed
Silly atheist. God doesn't feed hungry children and stop rape because he doesn't exist, it's because he's too busy blessing your cousins candy crush and helping AFL players win games. There's only so many hours in a day you know.
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
07-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Ugh. I have an aunt and two cousins who won't stop spewing bible memes all over facebook and won't shut up about how blessed and pious they are and how glorious god is! Thankfully they don't seem to be bigoted but they still need to shut the hell up!
[+] 1 user Likes Philanthropic Misanthrope's post
07-08-2015, 06:16 PM
You’re not alone and your family isn’t the only one that is batshit.

My youngest brother and family use the word “blessed” the way some people use the word “like”...as a filler and without thought.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Besides, it's their own fault. Africa is fully of AIDS, AIDS is a gay only disease thus Africa must be full of gays and so God is punishing them for loving gay people.

And if women didn't dress so provocatively, like harlot sluts, and walk around at night looking for men they can sell their bodies too than they wouldn't get raped. Again, god is punishing them.
07-08-2015, 06:43 PM
I just got a six-page letter from my father about a cruise he just took that was full of blessings interspersed with, um, other stuff. He left his phone at an airport restaurant (cursed!) but then my stepmom's prayers made the people at the restaurant have the phone waiting for him when he ran back there (blessed!), so he took it on the plane…and the plane arrived safely (blessed!) and stepmom's luggage was there (blessed!) but not his luggage (cursed!) until it was found a few hours later (blessed!) but not without some missed phone communications (cursed!) and then the wifi on the cruise ship worked (blessed!) but only in the lounges and not in the cabins (cursed!) and he just upgraded to Windows 8.1 (cursed, cursed, cursed!!!) …

Etc., etc.

I wish I was kidding or exaggerating, but I am not.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-08-2015, 06:44 PM
And on the 7th day, Yahweh said "Ah, fuck it. I'm tired of working on Africa. It's too Me damn hot and dry. Hey, Zeus, will you wake me up when the pilgrims land in America so I can get back to work in a place I actually care about?"

Then Zeus sayeth unto him, "Yes, yes, my son. I'm sure Africa will discover free market economics on their own soon enough anyway, so they should easily be able to sort out the rest of their problems. Take a break while I try to patch up the rest of the holes you left in the firmament. They're still dripping, you know. I have to warn you, though, I'm not as good of a repairman as your grandfather, Krishna... what with those thousand arms and all; why, he'd get it done in a fraction of the time. I'll have to be extra careful to make sure I catch all those leaks, because I sure don't want the whole earth flooding after it's been populated with people!"

Yahweh replied, "LOLmageddon! I hope not. That would be awful... well, you know, like awful in the way that movie "The Room" was awful, like in a 'so bad it's kind of hilarious' sort of way. Man, now I really want to watch that movie again......
Anyway, thanks for everything, dad. You're the holiest! Big Grin"

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
07-08-2015, 06:46 PM
(07-08-2015 06:43 PM)julep Wrote:  ... and he just upgraded to Windows 8.1 (cursed, cursed, cursed!!!)

To be fair, I consider Windows 8 to be a curse as well

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-08-2015, 06:50 PM
They have to justify the guilt they feel for the privilege they have and enjoy.
If all the cool shit they have was given to them by god, then they are meant to have it, and it's not their fault if others have much less.
To them it explains all the unfairness in the world, and makes god real at the same time.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-08-2015, 06:58 PM
(07-08-2015 06:46 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 06:43 PM)julep Wrote:  ... and he just upgraded to Windows 8.1 (cursed, cursed, cursed!!!)

To be fair, I consider Windows 8 to be a curse as well

You can run Widows 8.1 with the older windows look. It helps a lot.
I made the mistake of installing Windows 10. I hate it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.