feminism vs everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: femonosm vs everything
(25-10-2014 07:50 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  my point is at least have a coherent narrative

UnsureOhmyGaspBlinkSadcryfaceHoboWeeping

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
25-10-2014, 10:30 PM
never mind.. I'll just do my own research but thank you for trying to help.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
25-10-2014, 10:37 PM
I just got an ingenuous way to explain what I am getting at.

last try....

the conservative and liberal parties don't agree on everything. heck the republicans and libertarians don't agree but both being conservative they both can agree with what that is. smaller government and smaller government can be described as a government less big as the one that we have now. thus getting rid of govenament programs s the solution.... I am just well wishing that feminism was that simple.

25-10-2014, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2014 12:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(25-10-2014 10:37 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I just got an ingenuous way to explain what I am getting at.

last try....

the conservative and liberal parties don't agree on everything. heck the republicans and libertarians don't agree but both being conservative they both can agree with what that is. smaller government and smaller government can be described as a government less big as the one that we have now. thus getting rid of govenament programs s the solution.... I am just well wishing that feminism was that simple.

But conservatism isn't that simple in practice... Facepalm

The establishment and the tea-party Republicans are cannibalizing one another, and that's not including the libertarians. They all claim to be 'small government', but only when it comes to social programs; they're all for deficit spending if it's for the Pentagon and defense contractors (with the possible exception of the non-interventionist libertarians again). They want a small government that can paradoxically dictate what a woman can do to her body and what kind of sex people are allowed to have while reading all of their emails and tapping all of their phones. They're a hodgepodge of (often contradictory) personalities, ideals, slogans, and goals.

'Small government' conservatives are just as simple as 'equal rights' feminists. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-10-2014, 11:02 PM
I gues you guys are kinda right but I am still a moderate on this issue. btw on the phone now brb.

26-10-2014, 12:07 AM
(25-10-2014 11:02 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I gues you guys are kinda right but I am still a moderate on this issue. btw on the phone now brb.

Do you support sexual equality? It is a simple yes or no. Those who say 'no' are sexists. A 'yes' makes you a feminist, even if you insist on adding the 'moderate' before it.

But does that title dictate your entire worldview and all actions? Hardly.

[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-10-2014, 03:58 AM
that's a fallacy.... just because you believe in equality doesn't mean our a feminist. heck the mra's believe in equality/ you could also be a humanist o r be like me and have a differing points with differing sides and not 100% agree with any given side because any given side doesn't not believe om ineqaulity but they're just disagreeing on how to get to equlity.

26-10-2014, 04:40 AM
(26-10-2014 03:58 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  that's a fallacy.... just because you believe in equality doesn't mean our a feminist. heck the mra's believe in equality/ you could also be a humanist o r be like me and have a differing points with differing sides and not 100% agree with any given side because any given side doesn't not believe om ineqaulity but they're just disagreeing on how to get to equlity.

Dude, do I need to quote a dictionary at you? The antonym of 'sexist' is 'feminist'; it just so happens to carry feminine etymology because contextually it is women who have been, currently are, and will continue to be most adversely affected by sexual inequality. It's name is a product of language and history, it's current meaning however is clearly defined.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-10-2014, 04:44 AM
(25-10-2014 07:28 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  first of all I'd just like to point out I am not an feminist and definitely not a mra. I think both are repugnant but both have good people. here is the thing though I was just wondering what exactly would make a set of feminist happy. they seemingly have stated that there are not enough good representations of women in the media but you ask different feminist weather herminey granger\ wonder woman or halibel are good representations. you get a million different answers most of them say no but for different reasons. the problem I have hear is that a good but of feminism is is a schizophrenic narrative

Substitute feminist with atheist and you will know why I won't participate in this conversation.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-10-2014, 04:59 AM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post