feminism vs everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: femonosm vs everything
we will have to agree to disagree......

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2014, 12:26 PM

this is a good point.. both men and women need help.

26-10-2014, 02:21 PM
You clearly do not understand what everyone in here is trying to say.

Every single person who believes that men and women should be equal is a feminist. A person who thinks that women are victims of sexism is a feminist. Guess what a person who thinks men can be victims of sexism too is called. Yeah, a feminist.

Feminism simply and only means "equal rights". Why is that "repugnant"?

Mra's are not the opposite of feminists, since they proclaim that men are not equal with women, but more powerful and deserving of special treatment. It's not "two sides" we're talking about here.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Its a matter of feminism being portrayed as having a focus on women (which is a jusitfiable stance, after fem is in the title).

I bet that if the word wasn't feminism, or what switched to a gender neutral term, people would not be so against it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
26-10-2014, 02:42 PM
(26-10-2014 02:37 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its a matter of feminism being portrayed as having a focus on women (which is a jusitfiable stance, after fem is in the title).

I bet that if the word wasn't feminism, or what switched to a gender neutral term, teenagers would not be so against it.

*Fixt that for you

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-10-2014, 02:58 PM
(26-10-2014 02:21 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  You clearly do not understand what everyone in here is trying to say.

Every single person who believes that men and women should be equal is a feminist. A person who thinks that women are victims of sexism is a feminist. Guess what a person who thinks men can be victims of sexism too is called. Yeah, a feminist.

Feminism simply and only means "equal rights". Why is that "repugnant"?

Mra's are not the opposite of feminists, since they proclaim that men are not equal with women, but more powerful and deserving of special treatment. It's not "two sides" we're talking about here.

so you are saying that the mra's are feminist.. boy I'd like to see you tell that to an mra butttttttttt... with that I gracefully bow out... because I fundamentally disagree that feminist is an all reaching term that means belief in equality. because some feminist don't and are actively working against that. any ways a person who thinks men are discriminated against and is a feminist is also advocating that men are part of a patriarchy and that contradicts itself.. how can you be part of a ruling class and be discriminated again.

sorry to be an out-lair but any group hat advocates "all sex is rape" and is not denounced by the larger group is not a group I want to be apart of."

http://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/1...s-rape-ok/

and believe you me the other side is just as bad......

26-10-2014, 03:10 PM
(26-10-2014 02:21 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Mra's are not the opposite of feminists, since they proclaim that men are not equal with women, but more powerful and deserving of special treatment. It's not "two sides" we're talking about here.

I've read through a lot of stuff from MRAs, and I have never seen anything indicating this.

Also, didn't that "When is it okay to hit a women" thread establish men are generally more powerful, and that's why the answer is supposedly "Never"?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
26-10-2014, 03:35 PM
(26-10-2014 02:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 02:37 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its a matter of feminism being portrayed as having a focus on women (which is a jusitfiable stance, after fem is in the title).

I bet that if the word wasn't feminism, or what switched to a gender neutral term, teenagers would not be so against it.
*Fixt that for you
Right, because teenagers aren't people. Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-10-2014, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2014 03:46 PM by undergroundp.)
(26-10-2014 02:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so you are saying that the mra's are feminist..

When did I say that? Or, better, how did you deduce that from what I said? I think what I said was the exact opposite.

(26-10-2014 02:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  because I fundamentally disagree that feminist is an all reaching term that means belief in equality.

How can you disagree with the definition of a term? I can also disagree that "chair" means a thing we sit on, but that won't take me anywhere. It's a matter of linguistics and pragmatics, not a cultural or societal one.

(26-10-2014 02:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  because some feminist don't and are actively working against that.

Some feminists, some atheists, some vegetarians, some white people, some scientists, some whatever. How do "some people" linguistically define a term?

(26-10-2014 02:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  any ways a person who thinks men are discriminated against and is a feminist is also advocating that men are part of a patriarchy and that contradicts itself.. how can you be part of a ruling class and be discriminated again.

What are you talking about? There actually are men who acknowledge the patriarchal structure of society and disagree with it. Being a man does not necessarily mean you are part of a patriarchy.

(26-10-2014 02:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  sorry to be an out-lair but any group hat advocates "all sex is rape" and is not denounced by the larger group is not a group I want to be apart of."

Facepalm

What group? A group of "some people"? Again, you are trying to define a linguistic term based on "some people".

In the same way, I could say "Some atheists are criminals, thus atheism is bad."
WTAF?

(26-10-2014 03:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 02:21 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Mra's are not the opposite of feminists, since they proclaim that men are not equal with women, but more powerful and deserving of special treatment. It's not "two sides" we're talking about here.

I've read through a lot of stuff from MRAs, and I have never seen anything indicating this.

Also, didn't that "When is it okay to hit a women" thread establish men are generally more powerful, and that's why the answer is supposedly "Never"?

Never? Well, it's pretty hard to read from MRAs and not to see anything like that.

And when I said "powerful", I didn't necessarily mean it in the literal sense.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
26-10-2014, 03:43 PM
(26-10-2014 03:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 02:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  *Fixt that for you
Right, because teenagers aren't people. Tongue

No, it really is a youth problem. Most everyone who takes that stand is under the age of 25.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense