feminism vs everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: femonosm vs everything
(26-10-2014 03:42 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  WTAF?

These kinda threads are more of a platform for people to spout nonsense than an actual discussion to engage with. Ye clowns who go "ra ra feminism bad" *will* not change their view - that was decided ages ago. They *will* continue to rant about some strawman version of what feminism actually is until the end of time or until their heads spontaneously pop out of their asses, but no one knows how to predict such an event.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-10-2014, 03:50 PM
yes but some athiest are not working against the cause.....

their s no such thing as a patriarchy.. because their is no conspiracy against woman... just like their is no such thing a a matriarchy... both sexes are messed over by the system in different ways. to say some men acknowledge that they are privileged is not the same as the privileged discriminating against themselves.

I don't disagree with a definition I disagree with a methodology.

you sounded like you said "all people that believe in equality are feminist." mras then by definition are feminist.

p.s. sorry answered a bit out of order.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
26-10-2014, 03:52 PM
(26-10-2014 03:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Right, because teenagers aren't people. Tongue

No, it really is a youth problem. Most everyone who takes that stand is under the age of 25.

And that makes that stance wrong?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-10-2014, 03:55 PM
(26-10-2014 03:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:42 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  WTAF?

These kinda threads are more of a platform for people to spout nonsense than an actual discussion to engage with. Ye clowns who go "ra ra feminism bad" *will* not change their view - that was decided ages ago. They *will* continue to rant about some strawman version of what feminism actually is until the end of time or until their heads spontaneously pop out of their asses, but no one knows how to predict such an event.

look like with atheism I will change my views with the evidence given.. all you guys have given me is a definition.. which I don't disagree with. like I said I disagree with a methodology and if it turns into or start to be like that I will disengage. I am no troll as you guys have seen.

btw you guys really need to drop the mra straw man but then again that just may be arguments from ignorance.

26-10-2014, 03:56 PM
(26-10-2014 03:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, it really is a youth problem. Most everyone who takes that stand is under the age of 25.

And that makes that stance wrong?

No the facts make it wrong. That the young believe the rhetoric demonizing the movement speak to a messaging problem.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-10-2014, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2014 03:59 PM by CleverUsername.)
(26-10-2014 03:42 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Never? Well, it's pretty hard to read from MRAs and not to see anything like that.

And when I said "powerful", I didn't necessarily mean it in the literal sense.

Yes, never. Sometimes, they get kind of overly abrasive with their responses and declarations, but "Men are superior" is not a position I've seen, at least not often enough for it to stick and be considered a general opinion among them.

Ah, I see.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
26-10-2014, 03:59 PM
(26-10-2014 03:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And that makes that stance wrong?

No the facts make it wrong. That the young believe the rhetoric demonizing the movement speak to a messaging problem.

Umm... Sorry, I can't even remotely decipher this (and trust me, I am trying), is anyone else having trouble trying to figure this out?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-10-2014, 04:02 PM
(26-10-2014 03:50 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  yes but some athiest are not working against the cause.....

their s no such thing as a patriarchy.. because their is no conspiracy against woman... just like their is no such thing a a matriarchy... both sexes are messed over by the system in different ways. to say some men acknowledge that they are privileged is not the same as the privileged discriminating against themselves.

I don't disagree with a definition I disagree with a methodology.

you sounded like you said "all people that believe in equality are feminist." mras then by definition are feminist.

p.s. sorry answered a bit out of order.

But of course there are atheists working against the cause. There are atheists who struggle so much in order to scare, bully and freak Christians out, to make them hate anything that has to do with atheism.

No one said that patriarchy is a conspiracy. It's just how things are, or at least were for the most part of history.

I believe men are discriminated against and they, of course, are victims of sexism too. Both sexes are. I believe that, my male friends believe that. We are both feminists.

But you are disagreeing with a definition, you actually said so yourself:

(26-10-2014 02:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I fundamentally disagree that feminist is an all reaching term that means belief in equality. because some feminist don't and are actively working against that.

MRAs are not equal to feminists. They are just a reaction to radical feminism. One extreme against another.

Feminism only means equal rights, whether some people like it or not.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
26-10-2014, 04:03 PM
(26-10-2014 03:59 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No the facts make it wrong. That the young believe the rhetoric demonizing the movement speak to a messaging problem.

Umm... Sorry, I can't even remotely decipher this (and trust me, I am trying), is anyone else having trouble trying to figure this out?

"The fact that young people believe the lies portraying this group as evil shows a problem with what information they're being given", I think.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
26-10-2014, 04:05 PM
(26-10-2014 03:59 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No the facts make it wrong. That the young believe the rhetoric demonizing the movement speak to a messaging problem.

sorry my spell check is failing me and I am becoming frustrated so I ill drop this because It's just becoming a noby wins war... so I bid you guys ado. plus i really did start this to get a an answer and to learn. i have gotten he answer i really needn't go on.