feminism vs everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: femonosm vs everything
(26-10-2014 03:56 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:42 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Never? Well, it's pretty hard to read from MRAs and not to see anything like that.

And when I said "powerful", I didn't necessarily mean it in the literal sense.

Yes, never. Sometimes, they get kind of overly abrasive with their responses and declarations, but "Men are superior" is not a position I've seen, at least not often enough for it to stick and be considered a general opinion among them.

Ah, I see.

The point is, feminism is enough for "equal rights", because that's just what it means. The MRM was just a reaction, just a "hey, I'm more equal than you".

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2014, 04:12 PM
(26-10-2014 04:03 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:59 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Umm... Sorry, I can't even remotely decipher this (and trust me, I am trying), is anyone else having trouble trying to figure this out?

"The fact that young people believe the lies portraying this group as evil shows a problem with what information they're being given", I think.

sorry this'll be my last post I am posting because I think this needs a response.... the reason I disagree with the definition is tahht fits the methodology. there is a difference between out come and what leads there and also starting goal. lastly I have a real serious question... if a patriarchy discriminates against men then dose that not fit the definition of something that is not a patriarchy.

p.s. ether way we both both believe in equality lets just leave it at that... ok.Big Grin

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
26-10-2014, 04:16 PM
(26-10-2014 04:12 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  if a patriarchy discriminates against men then dose that not fit the definition of something that is not a patriarchy.

No. Patriarchy means men hold the power. With great power comes great responsibility. Some men just don't want the burden of that responsibility.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-10-2014, 04:18 PM
(26-10-2014 04:03 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:59 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Umm... Sorry, I can't even remotely decipher this (and trust me, I am trying), is anyone else having trouble trying to figure this out?

"The fact that young people believe the lies portraying this group as evil shows a problem with what information they're being given", I think.

That is close enough. I really believe a big part of the problem is that actual feminists are not more vocal outside of their own areas. So you get people like Rush Limbaugh defining what a feminist is rather than an actual feminist.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-10-2014, 04:22 PM
btw rush limbaugh sucks... lol and that's coming from a moderate conservative.

26-10-2014, 04:29 PM
(26-10-2014 04:08 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:56 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Yes, never. Sometimes, they get kind of overly abrasive with their responses and declarations, but "Men are superior" is not a position I've seen, at least not often enough for it to stick and be considered a general opinion among them.

Ah, I see.

The point is, feminism is enough for "equal rights", because that's just what it means. The MRM was just a reaction, just a "hey, I'm more equal than you".

Is this the naming thing again? Does it really matter what people call themselves?

Even if that's true (I honestly don't see any reason to rule out the possibility of genuinely thinking certain problems are ignored too often), I don't really see how it's such a bad thing so long as they aren't actually doing anything wrong.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
26-10-2014, 04:33 PM
btw I have a new rule.. If a am two frustrated to use spell check and do get so many errors.... I don't need top be talking about it at that time.

26-10-2014, 04:37 PM
(26-10-2014 04:29 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:08 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  The point is, feminism is enough for "equal rights", because that's just what it means. The MRM was just a reaction, just a "hey, I'm more equal than you".

Is this the naming thing again? Does it really matter what people call themselves?

Even if that's true (I honestly don't see any reason to rule out the possibility of genuinely thinking certain problems are ignored too often), I don't really see how it's such a bad thing so long as they aren't actually doing anything wrong.

Because the only reason the MRM appeared was the "I'm more equal than you" mentality that resulted from radical feminism.

I don't care what people call themselves, but if I casually say I'm a feminist (which I rarely do), I wouldn't like to be considered "repugnant". Everything I said was a response to a person who called it this way.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-10-2014, 05:06 PM
(26-10-2014 04:37 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Because the only reason the MRM appeared was the "I'm more equal than you" mentality that resulted from radical feminism.

I don't care what people call themselves, but if I casually say I'm a feminist (which I rarely do), I wouldn't like to be considered "repugnant". Everything I said was a response to a person who called it this way.

Ah. Sorry if I intruded on a conversation without knowing the full context. I don't really have a problem with the term "feminist" (except for that small part of my brain that questions the logic of it. I realize not everyone's as nitpicky as me), for the record.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
26-10-2014, 05:14 PM
(26-10-2014 05:06 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:37 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Because the only reason the MRM appeared was the "I'm more equal than you" mentality that resulted from radical feminism.

Ah. Sorry if I intruded on a conversation without knowing the full context. I don't really have a problem with the term "feminist" (except for that small part of my brain that questions the logic of it. I realize not everyone's as nitpicky as me), for the record.

Well, it's a forum, you can't really "intrude" on a conversation so it's alright Tongue

I was just saying that my posts in here refer to what the OP said, who called feminism repugnant in the first couple of lines of his first post. I mean, even when replying to someone else, the issue here is the OP.

What is it exactly about the logic of feminism that you question, even if it's just a small part of your brain?

-Guybrush Threepwood-