feminism vs everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: feminism vs everything
(25-10-2014 07:28 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  first of all I'd just like to point out I am not an feminist and definitely not a mra. I think both are repugnant but both have good people. here is the thing though I was just wondering what exactly would make a set of feminist happy. they seemingly have stated that there are not enough good representations of women in the media but you ask different feminist weather herminey granger\ wonder woman or halibel are good representations. you get a million different answers most of them say no but for different reasons. the problem I have hear is that a good but of feminism is is a schizophrenic narrative

1. it's ok if I poss nude for playboy but sexist of the men to exploit me.
1. beyonettga is a sexist portrail of women for be sexual but don't you be slut shaming.

Is it me or are there thousands of opposite opinions and no definite answer on whats correct. almost like it was planed to make every portrail sexist regardless of what it is.

p.s, it only seems like thiws though its what I call a smell delusion and comes because of a feminst civil war.

Find ANY group of any million people tied to 1 "label" or that share a single ideal.

Ask them if 3 random examples represent their ideal.

You'll get close to a million different answers!

This is how people are.. .why do people think they can or should have some unified group opinion that can be defined in a label? What is even the benefit of it? Simply having an open understanding of any topic can outweigh any of the needs for some collective mind opinion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2014, 05:06 PM
i've conceded that a long time ago.. but the reason i went on was because I saw things to answer.. oh well. remember the post where I said.. maybe your right. ether way i don't think all feminist work towards equality.

bbl.....

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
27-10-2014, 05:08 PM
(25-10-2014 07:28 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  first of all I'd just like to point out I am not an feminist and definitely not a mra. I think both are repugnant but both have good people. here is the thing though I was just wondering what exactly would make a set of feminist happy. they seemingly have stated that there are not enough good representations of women in the media but you ask different feminist weather herminey granger\ wonder woman or halibel are good representations. you get a million different answers most of them say no but for different reasons. the problem I have hear is that a good but of feminism is is a schizophrenic narrative

1. it's ok if I poss nude for playboy but sexist of the men to exploit me.
1. beyonettga is a sexist portrail of women for be sexual but don't you be slut shaming.

Is it me or are there thousands of opposite opinions and no definite answer on whats correct. almost like it was planed to make every portrail sexist regardless of what it is.

p.s, it only seems like thiws though its what I call a smell delusion and comes because of a feminst civil war.

"Set of feminist"
Is that like a set of dishes?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-10-2014, 05:10 PM
(27-10-2014 05:06 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  i've conceded that a long time ago.. but the reason i went on was because I saw things to answer.. oh well. remember the post where I said.. maybe your right. ether way i don't think all feminist work towards equality.

bbl.....

Please work on your spelling. You're kinda hard to read.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I wonder why it is that those feminists who accuse everyone of being sexist and attempt to silence everyone else are called 'not real feminists' on this forum, but anyone who mentions those 'not real feminists' here is accused of being sexist and shouted down until they shut up?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
27-10-2014, 07:45 PM
(27-10-2014 05:10 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 05:06 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  i've conceded that a long time ago.. but the reason i went on was because I saw things to answer.. oh well. remember the post where I said.. maybe your right. ether way i don't think all feminist work towards equality.

bbl.....

Please work on your spelling. You're kinda hard to read.

sorry I had to step away from the keyboard.. just because I was getting heated...{btw not angry}....... the more I get heated and into what I am doing. The more my spelling fails to be legible.... sorry I will work on this but I do not know how at the moment.... it's such a weird problem.

p.s. dear last post... awesome point.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
27-10-2014, 07:47 PM
(27-10-2014 07:32 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I wonder why it is that those feminists who accuse everyone of being sexist and attempt to silence everyone else are called 'not real feminists' on this forum, but anyone who mentions those 'not real feminists' here is accused of being sexist and shouted down until they shut up?

I wonder why you wonder that because that's not what has happened.

Those who generalize the tiny minority of 'not real feminists' to all feminists and then decry feminism are told they are wrong.

That is what is going on. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2014, 07:57 PM
(27-10-2014 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 07:32 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I wonder why it is that those feminists who accuse everyone of being sexist and attempt to silence everyone else are called 'not real feminists' on this forum, but anyone who mentions those 'not real feminists' here is accused of being sexist and shouted down until they shut up?

I wonder why you wonder that because that's not what has happened.

Those who generalize the tiny minority of 'not real feminists' to all feminists and then decry feminism are told they are wrong.

The problem with this is if you look up feminism anywhere you will be met instantly with scary, shouty, sexist, mental hipsters. These so-called 'not real feminists' are not the tiny minority that people on this forum claim they are, and they are feminists wether you like it or not. They act like the original feminists who were needed to give society a great big thump in order to get women proper recognition back 100 years ago. Since they are a giant group, they do fit the original definitions, and they are loud and dangerous, it is silly to exclude them all and claim they are 'not the real thing', especially if people are going to adopt the same sort of aggressive accusatory nature towards people who speak out against these 'not real feminists'.

If these people are 'not real feminists' then fine; don't include them under the word, but also don't attack people who are opposed to these 'not real feminists'.

Maybe instead of laying into and spitting vitriol at anyone who is opposed to these 'not real feminists', why not just say, "Hey, those are not real feminists, we can join up to oppose them." instead of this insanity of getting offended and ultra-defensive about it? If these people are 'not real feminists', then presumable you 'real feminists' are also against them? If not then why not? If so then why so much effort to brand anyone as a 'sexist' if they 'mistakenly' call these 'not real feminists', 'feminists'?

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
27-10-2014, 08:06 PM
(27-10-2014 07:57 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  I wonder why you wonder that because that's not what has happened.

The problem with this is if you look up feminism anywhere you will be met instantly with scary, shouty, sexist, mental hipsters. These so-called 'not real feminists' are not the tiny minority that people on this forum claim they are, and they are feminists wether you like it or not. They act like the original feminists who were needed to give society a great big thump in order to get women proper recognition back 100 years ago. Since they are a giant group, they do fit the original definitions, and they are loud and dangerous, it is silly to exclude them all and claim they are 'not the real thing', especially if people are going to adopt the same sort of aggressive accusatory nature towards people who speak out against these 'not real feminists'.

If these people are 'not real feminists' then fine; don't include them under the word, but also don't attack people who are opposed to these 'not real feminists'.

Maybe instead of laying into and spitting vitriol at anyone who is opposed to these 'not real feminists', why not just say, "Hey, those are not real feminists, we can join up to oppose them." instead of this insanity of getting offended and ultra-defensive about it? If these people are 'not real feminists', then presumable you 'real feminists' are also against them? If not then why not? If so then why so much effort to brand anyone as a 'sexist' if they 'mistakenly' call these 'not real feminists', 'feminists'?

Maybe you should read what I actually wrote. You have simply repeated the mistaken interpretation of your previous post.

You are mistaking 'loud' for 'numerous'. And you are ignoring the conflation of the tiny minority with the mainstream, which is what is being objected to.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-10-2014, 08:12 PM
(27-10-2014 08:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 07:57 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  The problem with this is if you look up feminism anywhere you will be met instantly with scary, shouty, sexist, mental hipsters. These so-called 'not real feminists' are not the tiny minority that people on this forum claim they are, and they are feminists wether you like it or not. They act like the original feminists who were needed to give society a great big thump in order to get women proper recognition back 100 years ago. Since they are a giant group, they do fit the original definitions, and they are loud and dangerous, it is silly to exclude them all and claim they are 'not the real thing', especially if people are going to adopt the same sort of aggressive accusatory nature towards people who speak out against these 'not real feminists'.

Maybe you should read what I actually wrote. You have simply repeated the mistaken interpretation of your previous post.

You are mistaking 'loud' for 'numerous'. And you are ignoring the conflation of the tiny minority with the mainstream, which is what is being objected to.

So all of these posts in multiple threads accusing people of being sexists because they reject the public version of feminism (even though the self-proclaimed feminists on this forum are also supposed to be opposed to this public face as they don't even consider it to be 'real' feminism) is all a ridiculous word game based on one minor detail which is of absolutely no consequence?

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.