finally met someone that knows his religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 03:13 AM
finally met someone that knows his religion
So happy. We sat and talked for quite some time. Talking about religion. And is on the same thinking page as me. He is one if my husbands coworkers and we all went out this morning. It was awesome to be able to talk to people that understand why religion was made. He really does his homework too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 05:12 AM
RE: finally met someone that knows his religion
(11-07-2015 03:13 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  So happy. We sat and talked for quite some time. Talking about religion. And is on the same thinking page as me. He is one if my husbands coworkers and we all went out this morning. It was awesome to be able to talk to people that understand why religion was made. He really does his homework too.

You should be able to find some atheist meetups in your area, I go to a meetup once a month at a pizza place in the area. It's always nice to talk to people in person, our local organizer is Red McCall, great guy and the local news stations always give him a call anytime there's an atheist-related issue in the news.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-07-2015, 05:13 AM
Knowing religion is about as useful as knowing the all of the characters and storylines of the Marvel Comics universe.......

It impresses the nerds -- but "normal" people tend to wonder about you.......

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-07-2015, 08:05 AM
If I met someone who knew the origins of Donna Troy I would be just as thrilled or better yet, if they knew the story of Spanner's Galaxy and what castling was.

You had to mention comic books didn't you.
I will be nerding out all day today.

Triggered !!

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-07-2015, 08:07 AM
(11-07-2015 05:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Knowing religion is about as useful as knowing the all of the characters and storylines of the Marvel Comics universe.......

It impresses the nerds -- but "normal" people tend to wonder about you.......

Smile

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-07-2015, 08:15 AM
When I was in college the first time and when I studied theology I met a lot of catholic priests who knew a lot about the origin of Christianity. It was very interesting to talk to them, and since then I've talked to a few more and it still more interesting. They know about the origins, they know about the textual problems, and yet they STILL believe. They admit that it is a matter of faith, and there is little to justify it beyond that. These are educated men, men whose scholarship I can respect. And they hold to some vague woo for no real reason.