flight delayed! ugh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 12:14 PM
flight delayed! ugh
We are going to fl. To univsal studios. We were supposed to flyvl out yesterday but out flight was delayed because of a power outage then finally cancelled all together. So we are a day late which means we can't go to corpis Christie as we won't have time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: flight delayed! ugh
Damn Gremlins.

[Image: gremlins21.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Im very sad about it. But nothing we can do we have to be back on Thursday . it will be fun in Fl anyway so im going try to have the best time there .
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
18-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Will the airline compensate you for the lost flight? I mean, shouldn't they, since the cancellation was their largely their fault?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-09-2015, 06:02 PM
(18-09-2015 03:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Will the airline compensate you for the lost flight? I mean, shouldn't they, since the cancellation was their largely their fault?

Nope because we still flew out just a day late. It really irritates me. My mother in law paid for everything so she will have be the one to throw the stink.
20-09-2015, 06:11 PM
(20-09-2015 06:02 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 03:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Will the airline compensate you for the lost flight? I mean, shouldn't they, since the cancellation was their largely their fault?

Nope because we still flew out just a day late. It really irritates me. My mother in law paid for everything so she will have be the one to throw the stink.

Yeah, but we're you able to cancel the hotel room you had for the night in time to avoid getting charged? Had you already bought any tickets for attractions in FL that you can't use now? If so, I don't think you'd be doing anything wrong to ask for compensation.

Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful! Florida is fun Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
20-09-2015, 06:25 PM
(20-09-2015 06:02 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  

A letter to the company asking for compensation for the couple of hundred bucks your mother-in-law incurred for lodging and meals will likely result in her being compensated without question. They'll likely compensate your mum in miles and shit because financial settlements have a whole different level of scrutiny. They're reputation is worth far more than a couple of hundred bucks.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-09-2015, 08:10 PM
(20-09-2015 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 06:02 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Nope because we still flew out just a day late. It really irritates me. My mother in law paid for everything so she will have be the one to throw the stink.

A letter to the company asking for compensation for the couple of hundred bucks your mother-in-law incurred for lodging and meals will likely result in her being compensated without question. They'll likely compensate your mum in miles and shit because financial settlements have a whole different level of scrutiny. They're reputation is worth far more than a couple of hundred bucks.

Ill let her know thanks