16-09-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: food quirks
Milk in pop. Tastes like a float.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Back when I kept a garden, a favorite snack around my house -- which my son loved too -- was green beans plucked fresh and eaten immediately. Good lord, they're sweet.

Nowadays I loves me some muesli, yogurt, and fruit for breakfast. Not very strange, but hey. It's good stuff.
16-09-2017, 10:12 PM
(16-09-2017 01:17 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Milk in pop. Tastes like a float.

While Root Beer is the old standard for floats, I'd strongly suggest trying Orange Soda for anyone who wants to mix it up a bit. Yes

Also, Vanilla Coke is the tits. It's like Creme Soda, but with a bit more edge, and generally goes better with food.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-09-2017, 09:49 AM

This reminds me.

As kids, me and my brother used to dip fries in coke and eat them. I realize how weird that was now, but I find myself craving that taste quite often even as an adult... Too scared to try it though.

I also remember how tasty raw burgers were, we'd secretly get small bites while my mum was preparing them.

Just remembered I also enjoy eating onions, garlic, spring onions and leeks all raw and plain.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
17-09-2017, 01:34 PM
I like to forage grubs and use them instead of shrimp in various recipes. One of my favourites is a Thai peanut curry. Certain types of grubs already have kind of a nutty taste that compliments it well.

'Murican Canadian
17-09-2017, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2017 02:53 PM by Dom.)
(17-09-2017 01:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I like to forage grubs and use them instead of shrimp in various recipes. One of my favourites is a Thai peanut curry. Certain types of grubs already have kind of a nutty taste that compliments it well.

Ugh. And I thought I was adventurous. How do you know which grubs to eat?

[Image: grub.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-09-2017, 02:59 PM
(16-09-2017 10:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

While Root Beer is the old standard for floats, I'd strongly suggest trying Orange Soda for anyone who wants to mix it up a bit. Yes

Also, Vanilla Coke is the tits. It's like Creme Soda, but with a bit more edge, and generally goes better with food.

**Must put Crème Soda on the list...haven't had that in a while. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-09-2017, 03:48 PM
(17-09-2017 02:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-09-2017 01:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I like to forage grubs and use them instead of shrimp in various recipes. One of my favourites is a Thai peanut curry. Certain types of grubs already have kind of a nutty taste that compliments it well.

Pretty much all of them. The ones you might think of as garden grubs, the big fat ones, tend to be meatier and nuttier. The smaller ones that look like medium sized worms are good grilled until they're a little crispy but don't have as strong a taste.

'Murican Canadian
17-09-2017, 04:19 PM
(17-09-2017 02:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  

In the Navy we had "chow" because we knew about "grub" already and we didn't trust our cooks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
18-09-2017, 09:52 AM
(16-09-2017 09:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 09:42 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I tend to mix leftovers. My wife gives me never ending grief for what I call international meals.

She's caught me eating leftover Chinese food along with left over Italian and tacos on one plate. She just doesn't understand how sublime mixing culinary cuisine can be I guess. Drinking Beverage

I do this with cereal. I think it started when my kids were young and would leave cereal in the boxes that weren't quite enough for bowl full. So I sometimes still have some interesting cereal combinations.

I do this too. The end of a box of cereal hardly ever comes down to exactly a full bowl. So whatever is left over gets topped off with the beginning of the next box (which is always a different kind).

Someone mentioned floats. Root beer floats are good, so why not a beer float? My first few attempts at this didn't go so well, but it works if the beer is Guinness. Yum yum. I'm generally not very adventurous with food, though. The beer float was an exception.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post